Bruce's Facebook
Paul's Facebook
Richard's Facebook
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Jazma
 Jazma Interviews
 Sandra Ruckdeschel, author"Olivia Newton John"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Allen Posted - 11/15/2012 : 11:29:55 AM

Interview with: Sandra Ruckdeschel
Comic book: Writer
Story: Female Force: Olivia Newton-John
Publisher: Bluewater Productions
Cost: 3.99
Interviewed by: Allen Klingelhoets
Buy your copy now at the Comic Flea Market

Allen: Where did the idea come up for Olivia Newton-John comic?

Sandra: Darren with Bluewater and I are huge fans of hers and he wanted to do something special for the upcoming breast cancer awareness month so he comissioned me to write it.

Allen: Has this issue about Olivia been printed in past by Bluewater Productions?

Sandra: This issue was printed approximately 2 years ago by Bluewater.

Allen: What was it like working with Olivia Newton-John?

Sandra: I never actually worked with ONJ just did a lot of reading and research on her - had the pleasure of meeting her soon after and having a photo taken with her.

Allen: What sort of things did you try to cover in Olivia Newton-John comic?

Sandra: All aspects of her life - of course my favorite movie of all time, Xanadu. Her breast cancer survival was a huge part of the book also. I didn't want to dwell too much on her highly publicized love life because I wanted to celebrate her more than anything and how she has survived all of the battles she has faced.

Allen: Who's view point did you use to tell her story?

Sandra: The point of view of me, the fan and author.

Allen: What were some of your favorite Olivia Newton-John movies or songs?

Sandra: Xanadu is my all time favorite movie. I also love the song Xanadu, I Honestly Love You, Twist of Fate, Make a Move On Me, almost everything from the Xanadu soundtrack as well.

Allen: Tell me a little about when Olivia Newton-John was diagnosed with breast cancer?

Sandra: You can get a good idea of it when you read the comic. It was a scary time for her but she fought through it and set a wonderful example for other women who struggle with it.

Allen: Breast Cancer is very important cause. The recovery rate is much better than in past years. How is Olivia now? Is she cancer free?

Sandra: Olivia is great! As far as I know she is healthy.

Allen: Why did this story for you seem so right to tell?

Sandra: Because I have admired her for so many years and the opportunity to research her life and really celebrate her seemed only natural.

Allen: Who was the artist for Olivia Newton-John comic?

Sandra: Off the top of my head I don't remember.*

Allen: Do you have friends or family that have suffered with breast cancer?

Sandra: Yes. My Grandmother survived it, a good friend's mom survived it. It is very prevalent.

Allen:I know of young woman in 40's from my area (Mary Weber)* that has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer. It is hard situation for person. Do you feel that your story about Olivia Newton-John can help others that have breast cancer?

Sandra: Yes it is hard and what people really need is support and to know that there are others out their like them struggling with the same issues. They need to lean on each other and see the stories of survival through the odds.

Allen: What would you like to say to readers that have never tried a Female Force Bluewater Comic?

Sandra: Go buy one! Especially the ONJ one or my other one I wrote on Ellen DeGeneres*. They are great, fun ways to learn about some amazing women!

Allen: What were some of your older Bluewater Comics that you have worked on?

Sandra: The other Female Force I wrote is on Ellen DeGeneres. I also worked on an unreleased novel about one of Darren's characters - Judo Girl.

Allen: Do you feel more comfortable writing fiction or non-fiction comics?

Sandra: Both.

Allen: How did you get your start in the comic book industry?

Sandra: My friend Darren knew I liked to write and asked me to write for him.

Allen: What kinds of comic books did you read as a kid? What kind do you like to read now?

Sandra: I liked superhero comics like Superman and Batman but also read comics based on cartoon characters such as Tom & Jerry.

Allen: What kinds of other comic book stories would you like to write for Bluewater Productions?

Sandra: We will see what comes up.

Allen: Do you attend many comic book conventions? Do you plan to attend any in near future or plan to attend an store comic book signings?

Sandra: I have attended Comic-Con in San Diego but no signings planned. Would love to though!

Allen: Are any of the proceeds from this comic going to the Breast Cancer Foundation?

Sandra: Yes, I believe so.

Allen: What is the best way to get Olivia Newton-John comic? Also, when is comic going to be on store shelves?

Sandra: Amazon is the best. It was in comic book stores on it's original release a couple of years ago but Amazon.com is the best place now. It is also available for Kindle or IPad.

Allen: What is the best way to contact you?

Sandra: Through my email.

Allen: What other projects do you have in the works?

Sandra: I don't have any writing projects currently but I produce and direct reality shows. Just finished one called "Home Made Simple" for OWN which airs Saturday mornings at 9:00am.

Allen: It is important to not forget breast cancer. October is breast cancer awareness month. It does not go away in other months. Thank you Sandra C. Ruckdeschel for working with Olivia Newton-John on the biographic comic. Would you like to leave our readers with any closing thoughts about comic?

Sandra: Buy it! It makes a great gift! But seriously - it is a celebration of a survivor - she is my hero in many ways and I want others to see why.
Thank you!

*Allen closing note:My former interview with Sandra Ruckdeshel about Ellen DeGeneres.
http://forums.jazmaonline.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1306

*Allen artist note- The Artist for Olivia Newton John story is Alessandro Miracolo

*Allen note: Mary Weber newshttp://forums.jazmaonline.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4959

Jazma Field Marshal

Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000