Bruce's Facebook
Paul's Facebook
Richard's Facebook
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reviews
 Reviews by Allen Klingelhoets
 Female Force: Barbara Streisand # 1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Allen Posted - 12/31/2013 : 1:34:37 PM

Female Force: Barbara Streisand # 1
Writer: Melissa Seymour
Pencils, Letterer, and cover artist: Manuel Diaz
Publisher:
www.bluewaterprod.com
Cost: 3.99
reviewed by Allen Klingelhoets
Comic can be bought through:
http://www.comicfleamarket.com/servlet/the-573/Female-Force-cln--Barbra-Streisand/Detail
Publication date: 2/12/2014

The comic book story tells how Barbara Streisand is the highest selling female artist of all time.
She was born on April 24th, 1942 to Emanuel Streisand and Diana Rosen. She was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York.
In 1964 she appeared in Broadway play "Funny Girl". She won Tony Award for her performance. She sang song in "Funny Girl" called "People". That became her first top 10 single.
Barbara won many awards for appearing in movie "Funny Girl".
She also was named "Star of the Year" by National Association of Theatre Owners.
The comic also talked her acting on television in 1965. She was on CBS show called "My Name is Barbara". The show received five Emmy awards. CBS signed her to long term 10 year contract after success of "My Name is Barbara" show.
In 1969 she played Dolly Levi in the film "Hello Dolly".
She married Elliot Gould and had son together. I am not sure of date they married. They later divorced in 1971.
She performed in many night clubs and cabarets after divorce even though she had terrible stage fright. Stage debut was success. She won New York Drama Critics Award .
She released her first album in same year as winning stage awards. "The Barbara Streisand Album" was named album of the year. She was the youngest winner in that category.
The comic book also talked about that she continued to produce albums. The songs "The Way We Were" and "Evergreen" made it all the way to number one on United States music charts.
Barbara also was mentioned as strong supporter of The Democratic Party and a Human Rights activist. She created "The Streisand Foundation" in 1986. The Streisand Foundation raises funds for Human Rights Organizations, research for women's health, the environment, world peace non - profit organizations and much more. "The Streisand Foundation has raised over $ 25 million through live shows. Many more awards came through her music.
I noticed that in 1998, she married James Bolin. James is actor, Producer, and Director.
The comic book writer also said that Barbara is also an author. Her first book, "My Passion for Design." is about the architecture and design of homes.
Forbes magazine listed Barbara as # 2 earning female musician in 2008.
She also starred in 2012 movie called "Guilt Trip" alongside Seth Rogan . She once even produced and starred in movie called "Yentl".
The writer Melissa Seymour was very educated in her research for "Female Force: Barbara Streisand". She concluded saying that Barbara has won in her career: Two Oscars, Four Emmys, Eight Grammys and a Tony Award.
She continues to sing and act, directing and doing charitable works.
I really appreciated the art that went along with 24 page comic
book story. I learned many things about Barbara Streisand. I highly suggest reading this Female Force comic book. It is complement to other Female Force stories in growing Bluewater Productions publications.

Jazma Field Marshal

Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000