Bruce's Facebook
Paul's Facebook
Richard's Facebook
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reviews
 Reviews by Allen Klingelhoets
 Elfquest graphic novels

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Allen Posted - 04/14/2014 : 1:24:12 PM

ElfQuest graphic novels
Art and plot: Wendy Pini
Also Plot Script and Editing: Richard Pini
Graphic novels contain 5 issues in consecutive order
Publisher: WaRP Graphics
Graphic novels 1, 2 and 3 (!981,1982 and 1983)
Starblaze Graphics editions
The Donning Company/ Publishers
5659 Virginia Beach Boulevard
Norfolk, Virginia 23502

I have not yet read book four.
I loved reading this series from library. Book four is final book of the series. The summery: The Wolfriders, a band of Elves search for others of their kind in a savage Earthlike world.
I read first three volumes in matter of days. I enjoyed reading about Elves and Quest to find new home after first home destroyed in fire. The world that they journeyed into was full of dangers like trolls, humans and other difficult trials. I loved reading stories about Wolfriders. I learned quickly to appreciate color stories drawn by Wendy Pini. I really liked tale about Cutter, Skywise and many other of his tribe. I liked learning about how characters fall in love. I liked seeing how wolves and elf chose each other. I liked learning about Cutter and his blade New Moon Edge. I also enjoyed seeing how tribe were able to communicate through process called sending.
The story is an huge adventure. There is fear of humans by elves. There are characters hinted in one book which appear in next. Story is one huge adventure. It is fantasy. It is well wrote with lots of mini stories. It is most of all growth of Wolfriders to find group called The High Ones.
I think character Leetah is one of my favorite characters. She is Elf from village Sorrow's End. The Wolf Riders find home in village after fire in there holt.
Cutter is in love with her. He can not fight power of recognition. Rayak from Sorrow's End is her intended mate. There is huge battle for Leetah between Cutter and Rayak. I enjoyed character Savah. The people of Sorrow's End are called Sun Folk. Savah is the Mother of Memory.
Cutter has the Blood of ten chiefs in his body. I learned about his parents and other chiefs of his history. He is leader of The Wolfriders.
Rayek has powers like levitation. He also has power of controlling thoughts.
The story within graphic novels held my interest. I was charmed by characters. I could see bond of friendship between Skywise and Cutter.
I loved future chapters which told about Cutter's creation of sword.
I was glad to see Skywise and Cutter journey out beyond Sorrow's End.
I even got to see how Wolfriders became species.
I recalled reading this series back in college. I enjoyed reading about characters and Quest. I missed not seeing characters like Winnowill, Lord Voll, Tyldak and a creature from The Forbidden Forest called Petalwing. I am enchanted with ElfQuest story.
It is story that I feel anyone teen to adult will appreciate. I hope someday there will be Elfquest movie.
I also look forward to reading the final book of series from library.
Elfquest stands on it's own as graphic novel series. It is not Terry Brooks "This Magic Kingdom for Sale" or "Sword of Shannara" book. It is not anything like Robert Jordon "Wheel of Time" series. Elfquest has a charm all it's own told by two wonderful people named Richard and Windy Pini. They are husband and wife team.
To read more about Elfquest go to
www.elfquest.com

Jazma Field Marshal

Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000