Bruce's Facebook
Paul's Facebook
Richard's Facebook
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reviews
 Reviews by Allen Klingelhoets
 Mary Poppins

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Allen Posted - 02/13/2015 : 3:44:17 PM
Mary Poppins reviews by Allen Klingelhoets

I was really impressed with Disney 2013 movie "Saving Mr. Banks." I got to learn some of the history behind "Mr. Banks" character in "Mary Poppins"books created by P.J Travers. I was so impressed by movie that I even rented movie "Mary Poppins" from library. I also am going to read some of the older "Mary Poppins" books. I was so very happy watching 1964 movie of "Mary Poppins." I loved way movie blended live people with cartoon characters. I really enjoyed way movie went more in depth with George Banks. He was the character talked about in "Saving Mr. Banks." Music in movie really was fun to hear. I still have several of the songs stuck in my head. "Let's Go Fly a Kite." and "Supercala....." are two of my favorite songs. I also read first Mary Poppins book. I think it would be possible to adapt Mary Poppins into cartoon. The story setting is almost 100 years ago. There was a feeling of magic in Mary Poppins books. I would not mind even having some Mary Poppins comic books to read.
I wonder if Walt Disney studios still has the rights to Mary Poppins?
I have now also read "Mary Poppins Comes Back" novel by P.L. Travers. Book was very spirited and enjoyable. It did not real solve mystery though about true identity of Mary Poppins. I think she is very old soul in guise of children's nanny at Cherry Tree Lane. I felt magic story told in first Mary Poppins story. I also loved the art illustrations through out books by Mary Shepard. I am going to read third book in series called "Mary Poppins Opens the Door". The third book is copy wrote in 1943. There also is a fourth book called "Mary Poppins in the Park".
Mary Poppins stories are even presently shown in play format. The mysterious lady is popular long after P.L. Travers told stories in book format.

Jazma
Field Marshal

Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000