Bruce's Facebook
Paul's Facebook
Richard's Facebook
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reviews
 Reviews by Allen Klingelhoets
 Female Force: Olivia Newton - John review

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Allen Posted - 08/15/2013 : 3:31:40 PM

Comic book: Female Force: Olivia Newton - John issue # 1
Writer: Sandra Ruckdeschel
Penciler: Alessandro Miracolo
Colorist: Kristy Swan
Letterer: James Reed
Comic book story size: 32 pages
Publisher Bluewater Comics
Publication date: October 2010

I really am thankful Bluewater Productions took chance to write Olivia Newton - John comic. Sandra Ruckdeschel worked really hard on script. She even had herself drawn into several panels. It was very emotional issue. A percentage of the proceeds went to benefit " The Olivia Newton - John Cancer Wellness Centre".
The issue had lots of input from Olivia Newton - John. It covered her ability to talk about her own find of breast cancer. Issue talked about her recovery.
I was shocked to read that 1 in eight women contract some form of breast cancer in there life. I was saddened though to read in any given year 40,000 of those woman will die from Breast Cancer in the United States. I was encouraged though to notice at the same time 2.5 million survivors of breast cancer in the United States alone and Olivia Newton - John is one of them.
Comic also mentioned "Liv Kit". A women's guide to self awareness. Also, mentioned was Gaia Spa in Bryon Bay Australia. Where people go to renew, restore and refresh your mind. These are Olivia Newton - John sponsored item and place.
I also liked how comic book also worked in other aspects about Olivia Newton - John. It was interesting to read about her early work creating songs. I also liked reading about her works on movies like "Grease" and "Xanadu". I loved seeing Olivia as young adult Sandy Olsson in "Grease".
I was also glad to read in 2005 Olivia wrote album called "Stronger Than Before". All proceeds went to Breast Cancer Awareness and Research.
I also noticed there was a special thanks to Susan G. Komen for a cure for breast cancer.
Here also is interview that I did with Sandra Ruckdeschel about this comic book.
http://forums.jazmaonline.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4989
This comic book can be ordered over at
www.bluewatercomics.com
or
www.comicfleamarket.com
Here is link to press information about Female Force: Olivia Newton John comic
http://www.bluewaterprod.com/news/femaleforce_olivia.php

Jazma Field Marshal

Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000