Citizen Rex by Dark Horse Comics #1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silhouet98
Jazma President

USA
2183 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  02:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Silhouet98's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
Wow! It looks like Mario & Gilbert Hernandez have another hit on their hands. I just got finished reading Citizen Rex and I love the way it introduces the reader to this futuristic city. I felt like I was walking side-by-side with this down-on-his-luck guy named Sergio Bauntin. As I learned more about Sergio, I wanted to get into his psyche and make-up. His appearance in this first issue is appalling, but yet I wanted to hear his story. How did he get jacked up in the middle of the city at an ungodly hour? His robot assistant fell victim to the early morning hours of the city too. Yes! I want to know more! Sergio is worried about the Truth Takers and how is it that the Truth Takers brought fear in this manís life? In this bizarre story, I can only ponder the blackmarketing business of prosthetic limb racketeering. What kind of obscene future is this? I cringed when fingers were chopped off by a butcher knife wielding female assailant. Is this a futuristic world of cyborg technology gone astray? Citizen Rex jettisons anything of normalcy out the window and introduces the reader to a stunning look at the future. Prepare to be dazzled!

Paul Dale Roberts, President
Jazma Online!
www.jazmaonline.com
Pauld5606@comcast.net

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000