MFTP 5/22/09 Vol 13 #117
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silhouet98
Jazma President

USA
2171 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  11:32:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Silhouet98's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
Message from the President
Paul’s Incoherent Ramblings
Jazma Universe Online!
http://www.jazmaonline.com/
May 22, 2009, Vol 13, #117
Contributions by: Timothy Brooks, VP Richard Vasseur, Jonathan Gilbert, Samantha Pena (cover), Jeani Rector, Juan Manuel Perez.
Next Issue: July 15, 2009, Vol. 13 #118

Celebrity Psychic Nancy Bradley's Plea for Help!
TO all my Animal Lover Friends,

PLEASE HELP ME KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT.

After my stint in Southern California I went to Catalina Island so that my husband and daughter could dive off the coast there. As they were doing that I spotted a baby seal on the rocks. It could not have been more than 6 months old, and its body was drying out, getting sun burned. He was not moving. He was lying on his side, clearly dying. His little backbone and ribs were all showing, clearly he had not eaten in days. The problem was he had a large fishing hook stuck through his mouth, he could not open his mouth and had given up. I jumped over the rail and went down the rocks and into the water below him and splashed water upon him so he would not get further sun burned. I screamed for help, I could not do this job alone.

It was attracting attention, and yet no one would offer me assistance, even as much as to take out their cell phones and call for help. I hate cowards. I was told, "IT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE TO HELP A MARINE ANIMAL, JUST LEAVE HIM TO DIE!" One idiot offered to buy me a glass of wine to get out of the water before I was arrested.
All turned the other way leaving the animal to die.

That was NOT going to happen! I ran to the hotel and got my own cell, and called every authority I could think of, and some that were mentioned to me. All declined to help, marine authority, biologists, SEAL RESCUE (who are on the mainland and even though I offered to foot the bill for their coming out to save the baby, They DECLINED!) Fear of fines and going to jail. I called animal control, the police, fire-dept., vet, everyone I could. All said they could lose their license if they got involved.

Finally I found an islander, a well weathered man and his friend who lives on a boat close by. They asked their names not be give, but they offered to help me and were as unconcerned about going to jail or fined as I was. By this time the authorities had all shown up and cordoned off the area, posting signs that anyone offering assistance would be prosecuted. Screw them!

We got a net from the vet (he wanted to help but his hands were tied ~ he could lose his license) and we were told by all authorities on the scene "If you go on the rocks to offer assistance we will arrest you. I stated "Well, you will have to do so after we help the baby." I also said "Are you going to try and stop us?" But finally there was a little compassion and came the answer "We have to tell you you cannot do this, it is a federal offense, but we are looking the other way."

At this point my husband and brother were coming back from their dive and saw what was going on. They immediately went into the water, along with the two men I had enlisted, and with the net and plyers, got the fishhook out of the mouth of the baby seal. We stayed with him (he was so grateful) until he had the strength to get back into the water. This was two nights ago and as we left the island yesterday we saw him swimming about, seemingly happy and on his way back to health. We can only pray.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!?!? Why is there such a law? Some seals and sea lions are on the endangered species list as well, and we STILLl cannot help them? This is a clear oxymoron! Not that being an endangered list would make a difference in helping.

PLEASE, TO ALL MY FRIENDS WHO LOVE ANIMALS, I know you care. Do you know what steps are needed to change this law? Legislation needs to change, and I am taking up the cause, I just need to know where to start, so any information you might have would be greatly appreciated. I am seeking the help of an attorney tomorrow who is willing to help move in the right direction. How much needless pain do these animals have to suffer at the hand of man?

Thanks for any assistance and information you can offer me. I know you care. This is NOT going to be left unattended.

Love, Nancy Bradley

Open Grave Website:
Make sure to stop by and visit Jeani Rector’s Open Grave Website at:
www.opengravenovel.com
www.aroundadarkcorner.com

Important Message from the Webmaster TW Montgomery:
10 to 50 pieces of artwork for your own gallery at Jazma Universe Online!
can be sent to:
galleryart@jazmaonline.com

Jazma League of Justice, Members Count: 20
Latest Count: Jazma Man aka Paul Dale Roberts, Jazma Girl aka Patricia Mary Roberts, Captain Golden Age aka Jon Gilbert, The Canadian aka Richard Vasseur, BC Jazma aka William Carlisle, Groovy Agent aka Lloyd Smith, Kendra the Jungle Girl aka Kendra Larry, The Mark aka Mark Cardoso; The Point Master aka Darrell Goza, The Jazma Controller aka TW Montgomery - The Webmaster, What's-Happening-Man aka Steve Skeates, Ridelia aka Debra Lynn Scott aka Dee Kee, Proton-Man aka Jeff Clifford, Ryan the Great aka Ryan Crouse, Dynamo Doyle aka Tommy Doyle, Blue Aero aka Bruce Cashman, Heavenly aka Harmony Kennedy; Red Moon/Red Thunder aka Luna Roja/Juan Manuel Perez; Scarlet Flare aka Elena McEntee; Thai Temptress aka Becky Inthavong! Note: Captain Golden Age, Blue Aero, Ridelia and The Mark have departed and are working on solo superhero careers! Proton Man is on a solo adventure against an adversary named Evil Lilly – last status known: Proton Man is now missing in action.

Everyone - check out Star Verse Comics at: http://www.starverse.ca
This site belongs to Jazma Staff Member Ryan Crouse! A very cool…I mean cool site! Email Ryan at: star_verse@hotmail.com

If you are writing me or submitting your artwork, please send to:
Paul Dale Roberts, Publisher
Peoples’ Comic Book Newsletter/Jazma Universe Online!
http://www.jazmaonline.com/
5606 Moonlight Way
Elk Grove, CA 95758
pauld5606@comcast.net
PaulDale55@yahoo.com
xenareel@yahoo.com

Thai Temptress says:
Places Where the Newsletter Has Gone:
XXXX

Staff Profiles - Jazmauraders!!:
Partyin' Paul Dale Roberts, President, Publisher, Jazma - Elk Grove, CA Office
Email Addresses: Xenareel@yahoo.com, PaulDale55@yahoo.com, pauld5606@comcast.net, proberts@dfg.ca.gov
Cellular Phone Number: (916) 203-7503, Work Phone: (916) 928-5848
Rowdy Richard Vasseur, Vice President, Illustrator, Reviewer/Critic, Mediator: Jazma Canadian Office
Email Address: richardv@sympatico.ca
Wonderful Warren Montgomery, Jazma General: Webmaster, Jazma - Oregon Office
Email Addresses: webmaster@jazmaonline.com
Rockin' Ryan Crouse, Jazma Czar, Jazma Special Agent: Illustrator: Jazma Canadian Office
Email Address: star_verse@hotmail.com
Jolly Jeani Rector: Princess of Jazma – Jazma Storyteller: 10833 Folsom Blvd, Apt 139, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670 /600-9229, jeani.rector@dot.ca.gov
Joltin' Juan Manuel Perez, Jazma Lieutenant Colonel: Poet & Illustrator/ Jazma Texas Office. Address: PO Box 70
La Pryor, TX 78872-0070 Email Address: Gotobulldog87@yahoo.com
Dashin’ David Owens, Jazma Magistrate/Artist: 1349 Glenora Drive, London, Ontario Canada N5X-1T6
Email: Nebstudio@netscape.net
Terrific Tom Doyle, Illustrator, Jazma Sergeant of Arms, Jazma Secret Agent: 23281 Blue Star Hwy., Jarratt, Va. 23867 Email Address: doylecreations@yahoo.com
Debonair Dashin' Darrell Goza, Duke of Jazma: Cover Artist1/"The New Jersey Comix Arts Experience!" Columnist, Cartoonist - Jazma - New Jersey Office.
Email Address: Nightray2002@Yahoo.com
Regular Mail: 1715 E Cambridge Street, Allentown, PA 18109
Ravishin’ Ron Fontes, Artist/Writer – Jazma Special Operative. Critter Publishing Inc; PO Box 585; Readfield, Maine 04355 Email: soniccomics@gwi.net
Astonishing Allen A. Klingelhoets; Jazma Field Marshall/Interviewer; 9 South 9th Street; Barron, WI 54812-1611; alklingelhoets@hotmail.com

The Legendary Dark Silhouette says:
What Comic Book Websites are Hot!
Star Verse http://www.starverse.ca
Robert Crain Investigations www.arcyinvestigations.com
Sharon Diane Roberts www.caipublishing.net
Jeani Rector www.opengravenovel.com , www.aroundadarkcorner.com

The Canadian says: Libraries that are accepting the PCBN:
Attn: Randy Scott/Special Collections Attn: Rosemary Cullen
Michigan State University Library Brown University/John Hay Library
East Lansing, Michigan 48824-1048 Box A, Providence, Rhode Island 02912

The Ohio State University
Cartoon Research Library
27 West 17th Avenue Mall
Columbus, OH 43210-1393

Gary F. Kurutz, Principal Librarian - Special Collections
California History Section
California State Library
PO Box 942837
Sacramento, CA 94237-0001

Katherine Najacht
Special Collections
Browne Popular Culture Library
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0170

Terri J. Goldrich, Curator
Alternate Press Collection
Archives & Special Collections
Thomas J. Dodd Research Center
405 Babbidge Road
University of Connecticut Unit 1205
Storrs, CT 06269-1205

Copyright Office - 407 Deposits
Library of Congress - 101 Independence Ave SE
Washington, DC 20559

Department of Special Collections
McFarlin Library
The University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th Street
Tulsa, OK 74104-3123

Special Collections Dept. 600
Bird Library
Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY 13244-2010

Scarlet Flare says:
Prices of the Newsletter:
$10.00 Year Subscription (Total: 6 issues)
Fan Art $3.00 for 5 pieces of fan art published.
Scripts & Storylines: $3.00 for 5 pages
2nd Year Subscribers: $10.00 for unlimited fan art to be published within
on subscriber year (as many as possible that we can get in!)
Back issues are $8.00 an issue. Due to the cost of printing a single issue.
Sorry about that. Make checks payable to: Paul Dale Roberts. Mail checks to: Paul Dale Roberts, President, Peoples' Comic Book Newsletter, 5606 Moonlight Way, Elk Grove, CA 95758

What's Happenin' Man says: Artwork, Subscriptions and Scripts can be sent to:
Paul Dale Roberts, President
Peoples' Comic Book Newsletter
5606 Moonlight Way
Elk Grove, CA 95758

Important Disclaimer from Kendra the Jungle Girl:
All material submitted for the PCBN, belong to their respective owners and copyrighted by their respected owners. Some material may have an adult content, please review, before allowing your children to read the PCBN. All Jazma Universe characters are copyrighted © 1996 - 2008 Register of Copyrights - Library of Congress. Peoples’ Comic Book Newsletter, Jazma Comics, Jazma Universe Online!; Jazma Online!; The Legendary Dark Silhouette; Jet-X; Lilau; Jazma League of Justice and all created products of Jazma Comic Book Newsletter Productions are © copyrighted with the Register of Copyrights - Library of Congress 2009.

A Quote from Jazma Man (he thinks he is Tony Stark):
Some people may be rich from the money they have gained, I am rich by the company of women I keep.

Jazma Universe and Beyond!

Paul Dale Roberts, Jazma Bounty Hunter // Jazma Universe Online! / Peoples' Comic Book Newsletter
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000