Barbara Hambly's Anne Steelyard
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silhouet98
Jazma President

USA
2208 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  7:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Silhouet98's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
Name: Barbara Hambly’s Anne Steelyard – The Garden of Emptiness
Act II: The Gate of Dreams and Starlight
Publisher: www.pfpress.com
Price: $14.95
Author: Barbara Hambly
Artwork: Ron Randall
Original Painted Cover: Glen Orbik
Overview by: Paul Dale Roberts, Publisher www.jazmaonline.com
Comments: Anne Steelyard is a British archaeologist and she is out to unearth the ruins of the Lost City of Miyah. Anne learns the art of astral projection from spiritual advisor Al-Hakin. She can now through astral projection enter the space between dreams and reality. With this ability, she has one little hang-up, she is being pursued by a demon known as the Afrit. This story takes place in Constantinople, October 1908. As I move into this story, I can feel a bit of Lawrence of Arabia mixed with Lara Croft mixed with Indiana Jones. I absolutely love the artwork depicting Anne Steelyard crossing the desert on a camel and swiftly over the horizon descends the demon known as the Afrit. The story is very mystical and adventurous; you will find a majestic mysterious golden spirit with a sword of flame. This spirit is quite dangerous and leads all of the rest of the demons known as the Afrits. If you want to escape your own reality, this is the comic book graphic novel to make your escape with! Anne Steelyard – The Garden of Emptiness is a relentless thriller, that has major shocks throughout the story, that unfold unexpectantly and suddenly, so much so, that you will be gasping for air!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000