Sarah Queen Inker/Colorer/Letterer Top Cow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richv1
Jazma V.P.

Canada
6395 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  07:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richv1's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Sarah Queen
Inker/Colorer/Letterer for The Darkness - Darkchylde: Kingdom Pain
Pushished by: Top Cow
Interviewed by: Richard Vasseur/Jazma VP
Posted: 06/24/2010

Rich:What is Darkchylde Entertainment?

Sarah:Anything endeavored with Darkchylde is put out through Darkchylde Entertainment.

Rich:Do you have any qualities that you share with Ariel Chylde?

Sarah:We both have nightmares and spend a lot of time in my office!

Rich:You do the inking on both "The Darkness-Darkchylde: Kingdom Pain" & "Starfall", would you like to try penciling an issue?

Sarah:Sure, but I donít think thereís any interest in stick figures. Believe it or not, the inks are digital. Randyís pencils are so tight I can get Photoshop to interpret most of his lines perfectly with just a little bit of hand holding.

Rich:How do you go about achieving the magnificent colors that you do?

Sarah:Lots of agonizing and time. Randyís incredible art is so detailed and imaginative it gives me a lot to work with. Then lots more agonizing and time.

Rich:Why is lettering important to a comic book? How does it improve a comic?

Sarah:Well, you need something to read, so letteringís pretty importantÖ Itís always heartbreaking to cover up colors you obsessively toiled over with a word balloon so I try and make the lettering as dynamic as what itís covering. Itís important to the flow of the story - how someoneís eyes move over a page, and to give an emotional context to the script. Itís surprisingly complex.

Rich:Do you have any ideas for a comic of your own?

Sarah:Yes, itís about squirrels. Call my agent for the details. Seriously Ė no, but thatís a good thing because Randy has enough ideas for an army.

Rich:How do you feel about "Starfall"? Will it be as big a hit as "Darkchylde" was?

Sarah:Starfallís going to be fantastic and Iím sure everyone will love it! Itís got zombie dinosaurs, cannibal natives, and futuristic high-tech elements with the best of fantasy, and a captivating cast!

Rich:Who writes the Sorrows column of poems on www.darkchylde.com?

Sarah:Thatís all Randy.

Rich:Do you read any comics now? Which ones and why?

Sarah:I read too many to list, and itís completely diverse. Iíve always liked The Darkness, and Iím not just pandering! I also like the Batman and X-Men titles. Those were my favorites when I first started reading and theyíve stayed with me.

Rich:What does the future hold for your career?

Sarah:Short term: answering the next question. Long term: whereís that magic 8 ball?

Rich:Tell us one thing of interest about you?

Sarah:Randy and I met at Chicago ComicCon in 1999!

Rich:How can someone contact you?

Sarah:Through the contact page at Darkchylde.com

Rich:Any words for fans of your work?

Sarah:Thanks for the support! It takes so much love to get a book on the shelves and itís rewarding that people appreciate the effort!

Richard Vasseur
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000