Bernie Lee Founder/Editor/Letterer TwilightPop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richv1
Jazma V.P.

Canada
6470 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2010 :  09:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richv1's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Bernie Lee
Founder/Editor/Letterer
Published by: TwilightPop Productions
Interviewed by: Richard Vasseur/Jazma VP
Posted: 23/10/2010

Rich: As Editor at TwilightPop what are your duties?

Bernie: Everything! As founder, editor and letterer at TwilightPop, I handle all aspects of production, promotion, editorial and sourcing for the next wave of amazing stories, creators and talents.

Rich: How did you become part of TwilightPop?

Bernie: I'm the founder. Having been a fan and collector for 20 years, it's the passion for the industry that drew me to creating TwilightPop as an avenue to produce and showcase some quality comics and graphic novels along the lines of Popgun and Flight.

Rich: What is your mission statement?

Bernie: How about a tagline - "PopCultureShock - Infect the Mainstream!"

Rich: Can you tell us what "Black Cathedral" is about?

Bernie: Black Cathedral is a dark fantasy story that centers around an immortal named Kross looking to hasten the onset of the Apocalypse by causing a series of seemingly unconnected events and disasters. Fortunately, the two other stars of the book, Jenna Drake and Blackthorn, appear to make the connection and see a sinister plan emerge. Together they must hunt Kross and his agents, and confront a power that a mere mortal and a handicapped angel could never hope to overcome as they seek desperately to prevent the end of the world!

Rich: What is the storyline of "Star Crossed Galaxy"?

Bernie: Star Crossed Galaxy is a sci-fi space adventure that takes place 500 years after a massive interstellar plague outbreak that nearly wiped out the galactic population. The story revolves around Captain Joseph Cull, an independent mercenary working for a galaxy spanning government known as the Allied Races Coalition, or the ARC. His mission is to hunt down and destroy the many pirate clans throughout the galaxy. Joined by a crew of outcasts and rogues, Cull travels the galaxy finding pirate strongholds and new worlds to explore.

Rich: Who are some of the talent working at TwilightPop?

Bernie: For the first two series, we have four guys who are talented and commendable in every way. The team of Black Cathedral is Keith Gooderson (creator/writer) and Daniele Cosentino (artist) while Star Crossed Galaxy comprises of Ryan Keyworth (creator/Writer) and Matt Martin (artist). Without them as the core, we would not have launched two issues in as many months. Apart from the fantastic four, we hope to have more super talents coming on board soon.

Rich: You work as a Letterer too. Do you find differences in your lettering from one comic to the next?

Bernie: Definitely. Each comic requires different styles to bring out the best in the story and art. I currently letter for Zenescope, Moonstone, Strika and Bluewater.

Rich: What is Lettering besides just filling in words?

Bernie: Lettering is an often under-appreciated part of the production process but it is actually vital to giving the whole thing a cohesive look and quality finish. Many indy and small press comics have bad lettering that stands out and at TwilightPop, I aim to handle all lettering if needed, to ensure that all our comics are above the crowd and pleasing to the eyes.

Rich: Do you have any ideas for a new comic?

Bernie: Incidently, while working with the lovely Lara Phillips on our upcoming anthology recently, many ideas started to brew in my head. If I ever find the time to put it all together and try my luck as a wannabe writer, it could come to fruition, and hopefully the movie option!

Rich: What will be coming out from TwilightPop in the near future?

Bernie: The next launch will be the TwilightPop anthology which is targeted for a December winter launch. It should be double sized and if all goes to plan, will showcase all-new stories by two experienced writers, Michael Lent and Lara Phillips!

Rich: If you could have one super power what would it be and why?

Bernie: Flight, like everyone else, and one more.. invisibility!

Rich: What comics did you read as a child and do you read now?

Bernie: When small, I enjoyed all the mainstream stuff by Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image plus some others like Bone and Cerebus. Even younger would be the Archies and Asterix! Nowadays apart from the usual, I find myself drawn towards more mainstream indy stuff and fully support creator rights. All stories published by TwilightPop are creator owned.

Rich: How can someone contact you?

Bernie: We are currently accepting submissions for future issues of the TwilightPop anthology and even one-shots or mini-series by committed teams at our website: http://twilightpop.blogspot.com
Email: twilightpop@gmail.com
Lettering: http://leehawke.deviantart.com

Rich: Any words for future new readers of TwilightPop's books?

Bernie: Thanks for the wonderful support and reviews! Star Crossed Galaxy #1 is close to meeting our sales target after just one month and Black Cathedral (Pick of the Week by Drivethru!) was launched a week ago. Check us out often as we aim to bring only the highest quality comics and graphic novels to you at affordable prices. The upcoming TwilightPop anthology will be something special.

Richard Vasseur
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000