Keith Gooderson Writer Black Cathedral
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richv1
Jazma V.P.

Canada
6470 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  12:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Richv1's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Keith Gooderson
Writer for Black Cathedral
Published by: Twilight Productions
Interviewed by: Richard Vasseur/Jazma VP
Posted: 26/10/2010

Rich: How did you get into writing comics?

Keith: By annoying as many people as possible; I basically got the contact details of as many publishers as I could, and bugged them with my work!

Rich: How did you end up with TwilightPop?

Keith: Bernie was one of my bugged victims; he liked my work, and the rest is history, as they say!

Rich: What is the storyline of "Black Cathedral"?

Keith: It's a fusion (did I just say 'fusion!) of ideas: I saw a trailer for the film 2012 at the cinema (that's movie theatre to you guys) and thought it would be interesting to pursue an apocalyptic storyline with an X-Files type theme.

Rich: Can you tell us about the characters Blackthorn, Detective Jenna Drake and Emmerich Kross?

Keith: Blackthorn, despite her celestial origins, is a pretty ruthless character; she has only one agenda -revenge; don't get in her way!

Drake, is a tough little lady; a marine background, plus a few years policing the unforgiving streets of Metro City. Despite being a hard nosed cop, she has no problems accepting the existence of magic and supernatural beings, dealing with it, however, is a separate issue! She hates it; these bad boys don't fall down dead when she shoots them!

Emmerich Kross; a very nasty individual, with a very old and dark secret - I ain't tellin' - just yet!

Rich: What can we look forward to seeing from this series in the future?

Keith: Lots of globe trotting and hunting of fiendish villains: A brand new character called Virgil; who's my favourite, and the secret of Blackthorn's lust for revenge.

Rich: Will you be writing any other comics for TwilightPop?

Keith: I've no immediate plans, because I'm still very busy with Black Cathedral, but I have lots of new ideas I'd like to run past Bernie, and I'd be happy to see them published under the Twlightpop banner.

Rich: Where does your inspiration come from?

Keith: Did you say 'inspiration' or 'perspiration?' sometimes it feels like the latter. Basically it comes from silly insignificant little things that I'll see or read during the day; there's a weird little, purple dwarf who lives in my head who says; "Hey, Keith, that'd make a really good story," go figure!

Rich: What advice do you have for other writers?

Don't restrict yourself to comics or superheros'; write about anything that inspires you!

Rich: What is the best thing about being a writer?

Keith: I don't have to spend my time sat at a desk typing on a computer, like I do in my day job - ah!

Joking apart, I love being able to let my imagination run wild and do something I really enjoy.

Rich: If you could write any comic besides one you already have which one would it be and why?

Keith: Well, apart from all the ideas of my own that I have wobbling around my head (and scrawled on bits of paper) my dream title would be; Captain America. To me he's everything you'd want from a hero, and he has the coolest uniform in comics.

Rich: If you could have one super power what would it be and why?

Keith: I'd like to be able to turn ethereal like the Vision, then I could get into the cinema for free!!

Rich: Where do you want your writing career to go next?

Keith: I'd like to try out some of my other scripts and see them published, but ultimately I'd love to be a full time professional.

Rich: How can someone contact you?

Keith: Through Bernie at Twlightpop, I don't have a website yet.

Rich: Any final words of wisdom?

Keith: Always trust your instincts; they won't steer you wrong!

Richard Vasseur
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000