Reviews for Read Monsters - Brad Steiger
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silhouet98
Jazma President

USA
2178 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  10:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Silhouet98's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
For Real Monsters Contributors and those who may be interested....

From ※Monsters§ Under The Christmas Tree.
Doc Paranormal's favorite paranormal book of 2010.
As a paranormal academic, I spend many an evening perusing paranormal tomes. It*s a good excuse for imbibing brandy.
In 2010 no book kept me sipping into the wee hours like Real Monsters, Gruesome Critters, And Beasts From The Darkside, by Brad Steiger (Visible Ink Press).
Nearly 400 pages of bone-chillingly fascinating and true monster stories, the book is essential reading for paranormal dabblers and experts alike.
Many of my best friends will find a copy under the Xmas tree每gift-wrapped in black, of course.
That said每it*s time to refill my snifter.
Best Holiday Wishes,
Doc Paranormal
***************************************************************************************************************************************************
REAL MONSTERS, GRUESOME CRITTERS, AND BEASTS FROM THE DARKSIDE was voted/selected--
*Number One in Haunted America Tour's Top Ten Cryptozoological Books of 2010
*Number Seven in Cryptomundo's Top Twenty Cryptozoological Books of 2010
*Along with Real Zombies, The Living Dead, and Creatures from the Apocalypse, Real Monsters was included in Paranormal About. Com's (a part of The New York Times Company) Top Ten Books of the Paranormal for 2010.
****************************************************************************************************************************************

EXCERPTS FROM REVIEWS FOR REAL MONSTERS, GRUESOME CRITTERS, AND BEASTS FROM THE DARKSIDE

One of his best books yet, Real Monsters is full of the kind of stories that we have come to expect from him 每 the kind you have to leave the light on just to get half-way through! Every imaginable creature of the monstrous world is covered in great detail, with supporting case studies and contributions from individuals whose real-life encounters rival almost anything imaginable. Steiger offers a keen analysis of many such contributions; some others he 每 significantly 每 let speak for themselves. Kevin Trosclair, Haunted America Tours

Steiger*s passion for his subject matter is evident throughout the book, which makes for a pleasurable tour through the shadow-filled underworld that so many of his beloved creatures inhabit. In addition to being a fun, well-written book, Steiger*s volume also serves as a must-have reference for genre authors and filmmakers who might be looking for the source of their next inspiration. There are literally hundreds of unique monsters and beasts to be found in Steiger*s book, all just waiting to be discovered by the next filmmaker with the imagination to bring them to life on the screen. Brad Wilke, Horrornews.net

I am 30 years old, have been interested in the paranormal as long as I can remember, and even host an internet radio show in my spare time. But I*ve never been afraid of monsters until I read Brad Steiger*s new book. Jason Korbus, Strange Frequences; Examiner.com Toledo

Steiger knows how to write, and how to write very well, too. He captures his audience, enthralls them, and leads them into uncharted realms and lands full of all things monstrous and unknown. If I say that this is the type of mighty tome best devoured at the witching-hour, deep in the woods, while an icy wind howls, and with only a flickering candle for illumination, you*ll hopefully understand what I mean. It*s not just a book 每 it*s a diabolical feast. Nick Redfern, Mania.com: Lair of the Beasts

Steiger doesn't simply write billions of books (170 or so at last count), he writes jam-packed and informative books. Like his other recent offerings, Real Monsters includes samples of -- and commentary on -- just about every possible creature that could conceivably fit under the black umbrella of the book's title. This book earns a permanent place on my bookshelf not only for its scare factor and because it has my picture in it (yeah, yeah, same thing, I know) but for its excellence as a reference for all things monstrous. It may be my favorite yet. Linda Godfrey&s blog: myspace.com
﹛...With 398 pages that are filled with professional illustrations and a great assortment of photographs, this is a pleasant, easy on the eyes, fascinating and thought-provoking read for the seasoned student and new comer alike. With the latest stories, many found here for the first time, as well as a global and historical sweep of all significant data to be found on such things anywhere, Brad*s book will have you riveted to each page from beginning to end. Brent Raynes, Alternate Perceptions
[Reading] Real Monsters I was mesmerized from start to finish, these are unforgettable stories. In-depth monster stories that pack a wallop! I must warn the reader, some of these stories are gripping stuff, nail biting monster stories of everything imaginable! I will have to say, give up the idea of sleeping, until you are completely finished with this book! Some of these stories would make Stephen King blink. Brad Steiger once again proves he is a thrill master when he delivers his stories to the reader! Real Monsters is remarkable and possibly unprecedented to any other cryptozoological book out there. Brad delivers no mercy once more. Paul Dale Roberts, Jazzma Online Forum

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000