Nancy Holder Author Moonstone Books
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richv1
Jazma V.P.

Canada
6391 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  06:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richv1's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Nancy Holder
Author Chicks in Capes
Publisher: Moonstone Books
Interviewed by: Richard Vasseur/Jazma VP
Posted: 10/04/2011

Rich: In "Chicks in Capes" what story do you write and what is it about?

Nancy: My story is about the Domino Lady, who goes on a search for a charismatic lady evangelist in Rosarito Beach, Mexico. I drew on the real-life story of Aimee Semple McPherson. I have been writing the Domino Lady comic book for Moonstone. I love DL!

Rich: Do you identify with Domino Lady in any way?

Nancy: She's sassy, sexy, and brassy and I am...also a blonde like her. LOL. She wears kitten heels in her quest for justice (and shiny jewelry.) I would love to sleep until noon and read the Hollywood papers in my bubble bath. But I have two dogs who need to go out at 6 AM rain or shine!

Rich: Do you prefer females in comics and books that kick butt and why?

Nancy: Yes. I was brought up to be a good, sweet compliant lady so it's very exciting to read about women who don't put up with any crap. They fulfill a lot of fantasies.

Rich: Would you like to do more writing for Moonstone Books?

Nancy: I love Moonstone. I write the Domino Lady comic; I've written Zorro and Sherlock Holmes stories for them, and I'd love to write more.

Rich: Why is the "Wicked" series important to you?

Nancy: Wicked is about a young woman who loses her parents, finds out she's a witch, and has to lead a coven against the massed forces of a dark warlock dynasty. Holly and her two cousins change and grow...and Jer and Eli, the sons of their bitterest enemies, dance on the tightrope between good and evil. There's really no such thing as purely good or thoroughly evil in the world of "Wicked"--it's gray all the way. I love that! Plus Wicked was the series that hit the New York Times, and we've been optioned by DreamWorks. It's also the first series Debbie Viguié and I worked on together, and we've signed up for a total of eleven novels so far. We've become wonderful friends, too.

Rich: Can you tell us about "The Screaming Season" and why people will enjoy it?

Nancy: "The Screaming Season" is the third book in my trilogy about a Lindsay Cavanaugh, a girl who had a breakdown in San Diego and transferred to a private boarding school in Northern California. Problem is, dark spirits are taking over the school and the mean girls are possessed. Most of the mysteries are resolved but I've left the door open for more. I love horror. When I was writing "The Screaming Season", I watched a horror movie every single morning. I had to watch them in the morning because it took me all day to recuperate. I never watched them at night--too scary!

Rich: How do you find working with Debbie Viguie?

Nancy: I love working with Debbie. She's smart, funny, eminently creative, and a fantastic writer. We are easily able to put our egos aside and work to make something new. It's fun and exciting to work with Deb. Plus we are Disney kids. We love to party at Disney theme parks. We're getting together in May at Disney World. Cannot wait!

Rich: Your latest collaboration is "Wolf Springs Chronicles" for Delacorte; what did you think of the finished product?

Nancy: We're not finished yet but we're loving working on the first Wolf Springs Chronicles novel, "Unleashed." We just saw our cover and we think it's beautiful.

Rich: You have worked on Angel and Buffy TVS how do you view each character's personality?

Nancy: Buffy is a lot like Domino Lady, only darker and more burdened. The fate of the world hangs on Buffy's shoulders. Domino Lady parties and saves the downtrodden. Angel is a lot like Antonio in "Crusade." Noble, determined, courageous. They were both the same age when they were transformed into vampires.

Rich: Would you like to see a book of yours made into a movie?

Nancy: Yes! The "Wicked" series has been optioned by DreamWorks. One of my Hollywood agents tried to sell my novel, "Pretty Little Devils," but we've had challenges because people think of "Mean Girls" when they read the coverage for the book.

Rich: If you could have one super power what would it be and why?

Nancy: I would be able to fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Because I have trouble settling down at night and I have to get up early.

Rich: Do you think your daughter Belle would enjoy seeing you dressed up as a Chick in a Cape and would you enjoy it?

Nancy: I think Belle's at the age where I embarrass her a lot, so probably not. I would love to wear a slinky white gown and stiletto's like the Domino Lady. She's a glamour puss.

Rich: How can someone contact you?

Nancy: www.nancyholder.com or at mailfornancyholder.com. My address is: Nancy Holder, 10755 Scripps Poway Parkway #244, San Diego, CA 92131

Rich: Any last words for all your fans?

Nancy: Thank you so much for reading my work. I know I wouldn't have a career without you, and I'm so grateful for your support.

Richard Vasseur
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000