Linda Zimmerman,Ghost Investigator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen
Jazma Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  11:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Interview with: Linda Zimmerman
Ability: Real life Ghost Investigator

Comic book based on her work: Ghost Investigator

http://forums.jazmaonline.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3996

Interviewed by: Allen Klingelhoets

Jazma CEO

Allen: I recently interviewed Don Smith about "Ghost Investigator" comic book. I thought would be great idea to interview lady whom comic is based on for this new interview. Welcome to Jazma Online, Linda Zimmerman. How old were you when you started to develop skills of paranormal. Tell me about some of your earliest memories about your abilities.

Linda: I always had a belief in and fascination for the paranormal. I didn’t see any ghosts when I was a kid—and I’m not sure I would have wanted to!—but I didn’t have any doubts as to their existence. I did have many instances of things such as sensing when family members were in accidents, or had passed away, but I just thought that was normal.

Allen: Tell me about your talent. How did you learn to deal with your abilities?

Linda: I would consider it more experience than talent. Everyone has some degree of psychic abilities, and I just have more opportunities to use it in haunted locations. But I consider myself a scientist, not a psychic in the popular sense. I’ve met some people with amazing abilities, and it’s those people that I regard as true psychics.

Allen: Do you come from family with history for being sensitive to feeling ghosts or other paranormal activity?

Linda: My mother always seemed to know what I was up to, which made it hard to get away with anything!

Allen: When did you start to think about being Ghost Investigator?

Linda: I was writing about local history and people started asking for ghost stories and inviting me to their haunted homes. At first, I approached it only in a journalistic manner, but then I found I really enjoyed it and kind of had a knack for ghost hunting.

Allen: Who are some other Ghost Investigators that you admire?

Linda: I read as many Hans Holzer books as I could get my hands on when I was a kid. I loved his work because he actually told the story of the haunting and the history behind it. Current ghost shows focus too much on the ghost hunters themselves—and they are never as interesting as the ghosts!

Allen: What are some of your favorite novels that you like to read dealing with paranormal activities?

Linda: Honestly, I’m too busy writing my own books to read much. But I did watch every “X-File” show several times and now I really like “Fringe.”

Allen: Did you read many comic books in your youth? Do you read many at present time?

Linda: I used to love immersing myself into a new comic book, and now that I think about, I always went for the spooky ones. Haven’t read any lately, although I’m thinking about starting the “Walking Dead” series, although I’m afraid I’ll become addicted.

Allen: Did you have to go to any special schools to help train your skills?

Linda: I have a degree in science and I was a research chemist, which I think is the best background to conduct a controlled investigation. It also gave me the discipline to examine evidence objectively.

Allen: When did you become professional Ghost Investigator? Do you work with a team or as solo Ghost Investigator?

Linda: I didn’t know I was until I had written a few books and people started referring to me as a professional! I often work alone, but I have been fortunate to frequently team up with Mike Worden who is a police detective, and Barbara Bleitzhofer who is one of those amazing psychics.

Allen: Where do you live? How can people read up about your website or blog?

Linda: I’m in southern New York state, about an hour from Manhattan. People can get information about my books and appearances at
www.ghostinvestigator.com
, and just for frequent updates on my Facebook fan page which has a link on my website.

Allen: What are some of your favorite personal ghost investigations?

Linda: The wildest was at The Columns in Milford, PA. I could clearly picture a woman on the second floor, she touched me, and then I followed her to some file cabinets and an article that had my name on it! There had to be 10,000 newspaper clippings in those cabinets, and I happened upon the one that talked about my ghost investigations. I think she wanted to prove that she existed and knew what was going on!

Allen: What types of locations do you investigate?

Linda: Anywhere and everywhere. From private homes, to offices, restaurants, cemeteries, prison, and asylums.

Allen: Why do you believe ghosts exist?

Linda: My belief began by the credible accounts of others, and has been confirmed by many years of personal experience.

Allen: What ways do ghosts communicate?

Linda: You name it—thoughts, sounds, smells, touching, and appearing as everything from a light mist, to a solid black form, to looking so human you don’t realize you are looking at a ghost.

Allen: Have you ever encountered spirits of peoples pets like cats or dogs?

Linda: Yes, I have had some limited experience seeing and hearing pets, but I have interviewed many people who have had regular encounters with their former pets, or the pets of former homeowners.

Allen: What has been one of your most rewarding Ghost Investigations?

Linda: There was one case where a sad old woman was being seen. I felt compelled to go in the attic, and I was literally crawling around under the rafters in 100 years of dust, when I found a small book. A woman who lived in the house a hundred years ago wrote in the book, “I ain’t got no one to call me mom.” She carried that regret with her beyond the grave. Once I read those words—with tears in my eyes—she never appeared again. She just wanted people to know her sad story. If she is at peace now as a result, how can it get any better than that?

Allen: Have you ever been frightened by Ghosts? Have any ghosts ever caused you to fear location?

Linda: Oh yes. I always say that death does not improve one’s personality, and if you were a mean and abusive person in life, you are not going to be a friendly ghost. There’s a couple of places where there was such a threatening presence I would prefer to never go back. For me, asylums are the most terrifying locations, even worse than prisons.

Allen: What kinds of equipment are your tools of investigation trade?

Linda: The standard infrared camcorders, EMF meters, thermometers, etc. Actually, in recent years, I have stepped back from using a lot of equipment as it can become a distraction. But I always have my digital recorder on and with me at all times so I can keep an accurate, time stamped record of my experiences.

Allen: Do you have any shows about your Ghost Investigations presently on any television network?

Linda: I was on the Travel Channel’s Most Haunted Cities: New York several years ago, and I also did an episode of “Creepy Canada.” I actually have turned down a couple of shows recently as they are just getting ridiculous. As I said earlier, too many ghost shows are neglecting the ghosts.

Allen: Tell me about some of the books that you have wrote. Also, what is best way to buy one of your books?

Linda: My books are all available through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc., and you can order autographed copies from me through my website. I’m working on the tenth volume of my Ghost Investigator series which highlights my personal investigations. Last year I put together a special 10th Anniversary edition of 33 of my favorite cases. For those who want to visit haunted sites, I also have “America’s Historic Haunts” and “Hudson Valley Haunts” which contain places that are all open to the public.

Allen: What did it feel like to be main character in "Ghost Investigations" comic book?

Linda: Surreal! It really is wild and I still haven’t quite wrapped my brain around it. Now all I need in an action figure…

Allen: Link about "Ghost Investigator" comic book is in upper information header. I really enjoyed interviewing Don Smith about comic book. He really seemed to understand story. What was it like for you working with Don Smith?

Linda: In a word, fun! He has some very creative ideas and we work very well together. (At least I think so!)

Allen: Have you ever appeared in another comic book story?

Linda: No, this is my 15 minutes of fame…so far.

Allen: What is best way to get "Ghost Investigator" comic book?

Linda: Again, if people want autographed copies they can contact me through my website. Otherwise, it’s available online at:
http://www.comicfleamarket.com/servlet/the-29/Ghost-Investigator-%231/Detail

Allen: What are some ways to get signed copies of "Ghost Investigator" comic book? Linda do you have any convention appearances planned or comic book store signings in future?

Linda: Email me at
lindazim@optonline.net
I will be doing several comic book shows in the spring, and several book signings. My schedule is frequently updated on my website. People can also check out my schedule for my zombie book, “HVZA: Hudson Valley Zombie Apocalypse” at www.hvzombie.com
, as I’ll have ghost books and the comic with my at those appearances, as well.

Allen: What kinds of Ghost Investigations do you have planned for 2012?

Linda: I have a list of private homes waiting for investigations, which I will be starting soon. I can’t quite say what I can expect, as each one is different and often full of surprises.

Allen: Who are some ghosts that you would most like to see?

Linda: Wow, no one ever asked me that before! I suppose it would be someone historic like George Washington or Lincoln. And, I wouldn’t mind meeting the ghost of the pirate Captain Kidd who supposedly buried some treasure nearby the Hudson River, if he was willing to share his secret!

Allen: What are some of the things you like to do to relax? Also, tell me about some of your hobbies.

Linda: Anything outdoors. I go cycling every day, and kayaking quite often. In the summer I also swim every day, and when there’s snow, I go cross country skiing and snow shoeing. I also love watching movies, especially at the drive in. In fact, I love the drive in so much I have one at my house every summer—complete with snack bars and mini golf. I even make my own crazy little movies. I simply refuse to grow up!

Allen: What is the best way for someone to contact you?

Linda: Through my email:
lindazim@optonline.net

Allen: Would you like to leave Jazma readers with any closing thoughts about being Ghost Investigator?

Linda: I just hope they get the same sense of wonder as I do with each new case. I also hope that they appreciate my dedication to conducting my investigations with honesty and integrity, and then sharing my experiences in a manner that lets them feel what it’s like to experience the paranormal firsthand.

Jazma Field Marshal
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000