Lip Service announcement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kiss Me Comix
Jazma Moderator

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  08:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kiss Me Comix's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
To the Loyal readers, followers and Supporters of Kiss Me Comix/Lip Service:
It is with sadness to inform you all that as September 12th, 2012 will be last Lip Service to air on w4cy.com. The lack of advertiser support for the show, forces the necessity of canceling Lip Service on w4cy.com radio. Kiss Me Comix tried to avert this action by offering advertisement very low rates to our comrades out there, to no avail.
This step DOES NOT MEAN the end of Lip Service entirely, however. Depending on whether guest wish to continue being on Lip Service after September 12th will determine if Lip Service continues period.
We here believe still that Lip Service is needed to provide a voice for independent Graphic Adventure Publishing, and all the men, women, and readers of comics regardless of where in the chain they may be. Thus Lip Service will continue production of shows, but now with a twist as Kiss Me Comix will utilize the resources that it currently has, the new way Lip Service will continue as follows:
1) Lip Service will air as a VIDEO show on Kiss Me Comixís You-Tube channel.
2) Lip Service will still be available as podcast on lipservice.kissmecomix.com, and I-Tunes (and now with adding a video aspect we will attempt to be on I-Tunes video aspect as well)
3) Through Facebook via the creation of a Facebook Page for Lip Service.
4) Lip service will still be placed in other social media e.g. MySpace, Linked-in, Jazma online, and host of other message boards.
This, is the plan for Lip Serviceís future however, this transition will not happen without YOU, the artists, creators, writers, and more importantly the readers of comics. For those of you who have signed on to be guests of Lip Service after the 12th. I hope that you still wish to be on our show, and if so I will be in touch shortly to let you know how thing will go for production as we have a short time to get it all together.
While I personally am disappointed having to do this, I also see this as an opportunity to make Lip Service better than what it is currently, and can expand the show into areas that radio canít reach. I must stress that this canít and wonít happen without support from the independent comic community world-wide.
So once again, Iím putting out there for those of you who wish to be a guest on Lip Service send a request to lipservice@kissmecomix.com and weíll get everything arranged.
Thank-you all for your support whether for Lip Service, Kiss Me Comix, or comics in general. This is but one bump, and Lip Service will continue to be THE voice for Independent Comics, God willing a better voice after this.
Sincerely,
Rod Jenkins partner
Kiss Me Comix/Lip Service.

Rod & Barbara Jenkins
Robert Boyd
Kiss Me Comix
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000