Terrance Griep ,ALSA fundraiser,please help him
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen
Jazma Member

USA
307 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  11:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Allen Note: Terrance Griep has been very active with interviews here at Jazma. He recently contacted me about fund raiser. I will let Terrance fill you in on details. I am giving details about 2013 and present 2014 fundraisers.

Yaybo, Gang:

You're familiar with the ALS ice bucket challenge, yeah? ...probably nauseatingly so. Somebody, possibly a celebrity, makes some kind of statement through your computer screen, often saying they won't partake of the challenge, then gets ice water dumped on his head while you hold your sides to protect yourself from the subsequent laugh torrents. So far, the ALS ice bucket challenge has raised millions of dolleros.

But it's not enough. Not only has no cure for ALS been found, no definitive CAUSE has been found. That might be because scientist are slackers, but I'm told it's because they don't have enough money, ice water challenge do-re-mi notwithstanding. That's where WE come in.

I'll be (virtually) engaging in the 2014 Walk To D'Feet ALS on September 20. Although ice water will not be involved, lake water will. Why the wet-centric do-gooding? ALS took my dear, father-like friend, Jim Eckblad from the world in 2005, leaving an icy emptiness in his wake. Like all the best male relationships, ours was based on cutthroat competition: competing for the best punchlines, competing for attention, and, most of all, competing in the weight room where we met. This past year, I reached the landmark of lifting 315 pounds--that is, three 45 pound weights on either side of the bar, plus the bar--for four reps. I was proud of the achievement but I really wanted Jim to be there. To share the moment? Hell, no! To rub his hooked nose in it, of course.

Please join me in assuring that future heelish weightlifters will always have someone to gloat over...
http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/Minnesota?px=1050419&pg=personal&fr_id=10265

2013 "He who would learn to fly one day must first lean to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying."
--Friedrich Nietzsche

Yaybo, Gang:

So, yeah, it was a memorable summer, and not because of Herman Cain--well, partly because of Herman Cain--but mostly because my two strange worlds came together...and rather than colliding, the effect was more like chocolate and peanut butter--two great things that go great together!

Those two worlds, of course, are professional wrestling and comic book writing. CHAMPIONS #55 featured the debuting me-as-a-wrestler in a story written by me-as-a-comic-book-writer. (I'm changing my middle name to "Meta.") That's all pretty sweet, but one little drop of bitter that occurred to me while I was practicing my acceptance speech for the Coolest Wrestler Ever Award was that all of this was missed by my dear father-like friend, Jim Eckblad. It's been nearly seven years since ALS--that's Lou Gehrig's Disease to you--took him from this planet, and he still pops up like a good Bad Penny krazy-glued onto a boomerang.

The trait I most admired about Jim was his ability to take genuine delight in the accomplishments of others. Had he seen the me-written, me-starring comic book, I'm sure he would have gushed for perhaps 30 seconds, then concluded with, "So which page am I on?" (The trait I second-most-admired about Jim was his vanity--in fact, that's the one where we really connected.)

After taking a year off (mostly because I couldn't bring myself to hit you up AGAIN), I'm taking part in this year's Walk to Defeat ALS. So--the dealio: I walk around the most imposing of Minnesota's lakes, and you donate hollah-dollahs to ALSA-Minnesota. (I don't see the connection, either, but I'm sure Paul Ryan can explain it all, beggin' yer pardon.) Um, if you can. Please. The power of vanity compels you!

Thanks a hundred thousand million times for your donation,
GRiEP>:-)

Just click "Terrance Griep," and you're off to the graces...
http://webmn.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/Minnesota?team_id=222837&pg=team&fr_id=8207

Jazma Field Marshal
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000