Rudy Garcia Lead Concept Artist Kansas City
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richv1
Jazma V.P.

Canada
6740 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  06:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richv1's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Rudy Garcia
Lead Concept Artist for Kansas City, Creator Julia Cruz Evolution Cop
Interviewed by: Richard Vasseur/Jazma VP
Posted: 12/02/2013

Rich: How did you become involved with "Kansas City"?

Rudy: I answered and ad online for a Video game "character designer". I've been in character design for while now, my first art art job was with a toy company, designing characters for a specific action figure line.

Rich: In the video game" Kansas City" what is the goal of the game?

Rudy: The goal of the game is for the protagonist " Paulie Boy" to earn respect and wealth outside of his 'family'

Rich: Is this an action packed game, how are the graphics?

Rudy: The game is very action packed and emerses the player in an 'organized- crime lifestyle' and includes a one-of a kind story

Rich: Which characters really stand out in "Kansas City"?

Rudy: All of the characters have been a blast creating ( choose your favorite to this point and why without being too specific) and I am sure the guys' favorite would be 'Stacey' since she is played by actress / model Vida Guerra. Cant really mention any other actors away from our own media pages yet , but we have a few actors signed on to roles from major movie and video game releases.

Rich: Which action figures have you worked on and do you have any planned for the future?

Rudy: Well now, that is a question…LOL, I started designing characters at McFarlane Toys back in 1998, and worked on the major spawn line lines. I also Worked on Their very successful "Movie Maniacs" line. Ed Frank and I co-colaborated on the original "Tortured Souls" Line, based on Clive barker's Hellraiser.
Besides that, I've worked with Marvel Entertainment, Lucasfilm and Universal Monsters. Most recently, I have collaborated with a friend of mine on a new Zombie toyline……. Yes, another zombie toyline LOL!
These will be really cool, with sort of a retro look look and not sort "gory, as that has been way over done hundreds of times around. These will be produced in colored resin, and will have different color schemes.
We don't have a release date, as we are still in design and production mode.

Rich: What is the storyline of "Julia Cruz Evolution Cop"?

Rudy: Julia Cruz, Evolution Cop is an action-adventure story that came about in early 2002. The story Follows Julia Cruz, an officer from The Department of Evolution. In keeping evolutionary changes in check,
Julia discovers the truth of her origin and her connection to Hugo Black, a criminal menace that could change the future of mankind.

Rich: Who is Julia Cruz and what is her personality like?

Rudy: Julia Cruz is an officer from the Department of Evolution, a hardened survivor armed with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance. She is smart, inquisitive and has a
well of inner strength as she pushes past her limits to endure.

Rich: Who is Ed Lavellee and how did he come onboard "Julia Cruz Evolution Cop"?

Rudy: Ed Lavallee, is a talented writer who is well known for his Graphic Novel called "REVERE" published through Archaia. I met Ed about 10 years ago, at Wizard World Chicago, and after about 3 unsuccessful Drafts of Julia Cruz, Evolution Cop, I asked him if he would consider taking over the reigns of co-plotter and writer…and Wah-Lah, instant creative team :)

Rich: Who are the villains Julia faces?

Rudy: Julia's menacing antagonist is the Maniacal Hugo Black, an eccentric bent on creating his New World Order, encroaching on the "Evolution" of the Human race. However, Julia has a far deadlier enemy
in the form of the villainess Gangria, who wants nothing more than to "destroy" Julia Very slowly.

Rich: What do you have planned for 2013?

Rudy: Julia Cruz, Evolution Cop issue 3 and 4 are planned for 2013, as well as A long overdue Evolution Cop Sketchbook.

Rich: If you woke up tomorrow in the world of "Julia Cruz Evolution Cop" what would you do?

Rudy: I would form an alliance with Julia as soon as possible and get on her good side. :)

Rich: How can someone contact you?

I can be contact through my official website rudygarciaonline.com or through clayboy@rudygarciaonline.com

Rich: Any words for the fans of your work?

Rudy: Just want to thank all the fans who come out and see us at the conventions and support the book.
There is more to come because "YOU" make it happen!

Richard Vasseur
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000