Terry Moore Creator/Artist/Writer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richv1
Jazma V.P.

Canada
6703 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  10:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richv1's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Terry Moore
Creator/Artist/Writer
Interviewed by: Richard Vasseur/Jazma VP
Posted: 14/06/2013

Rich: "Rachel Rising" is becoming a TV series how do you feel about it?

Terry: Cautiously thrilled. I mean, it would be exciting to see my characters on tv, but you donít have it until you can touch it, right? So, weíll see what happens.

Rich: As Executive Producer on the TV show what exactly will be your involvement?

Terry: I hope that I can pass along my ideas for story and character styles. Thatís the only valuable thing I have, is my unique take on what to do with tropes and genres. Without my input on that, the tv writers may write cliches and turn us all off. So I hope I have the chance to convey my fictional points of view. But once they purchase the property, they donít have to ask me anything. Again, weíll see how this plays out.

Rich: What is the storyline of "Rachel Rising" for those who do not know?

Terry: A woman wakes up in a shallow grave in the woods, she digs her way out and stumbles home. From that opening scene onward, you know this little town of Manson is messed up. The story centers Rachel as she begins investigating what happened to her, and why she wonít die.

Rich: Do you know any of the actors who will play roles in the series?

Terry: No, itís not cast yet.

Rich: When can we expect "Rachel Rising" to air?

Terry: I canít say. TV works faster than movies, they donít like to sit on properties, so I hope to have further news for you by the end of the year.

Rich: You also created "Echo" what was this comic about?

Terry: Itís about a young woman named Julie who is in the wrong place at the wrong time when a small nuke goes off. Sheís left covered in a liquid metal alloy that is encoded with the DNA of its inventor. The government wants its back, but when Julie learns itís a weapon she refuses and the chase is on. Echo refers to the inventor now dwelling inside Julie, guiding her through the chase.

Rich: What makes "Echo" stand out?

Terry: The humanity of tremendous power falling into the hands of an average person. We might think only a government can handle the responsibility, but Echo restores your faith in humanity.

Rich: "Stranges In Paradise", why and how did you come up with the idea for this comic?

Terry: I was struck by the idea that women were mad at men and began thinking what it must be like for a woman to live on a planet full of predators. The challenge for a woman of making a life is much different than it is for a man. Thatís what the story is based upon. The details are all about friendship and love. The problem is a very violent world. Mix it all together and you have Strangers In Paradise.

Rich: Who is Francine and what is her life like?

Terry: Francine is the nice girl who lives nearby and babysits your kids. She wants to find the right man, start a family and die a grandmother. Thatís it. Then Katchoo comes into Francineís life and challenges everything Francine thought she wanted.

Rich: What do you have planned next in your career?

Terry: If Rachel Rising doesnít make it to TV or succeeds, I have the next comic series ready and waiting to go. I will keep making comics as long as I can. I love it.

Rich: What has been your greatest moment from your comic book career?

Terry: My greatest moment was being told by a mutual friend that Ray Bradbury was a fan of my work. I never met him, but I will take that little treasure to my grave.

Rich: How do you spend any free time you happen to get?

Terry: The only free time I have is during convention weekends, so I try to enjoy the world and look up at the sky to remind myself thereís more to life than my studio. Back home, I keep my guitar next to the drawing table and I play it as much as possible.

Rich: How can someone contact you?

Terry: Iím easy to find. You can go to TerryMooreArt.com, or look me up on Twitter or Tumblr as TerryMooreArt. Emails, send to sipnet@strangersinparadise.com

Rich: Any words for all your adoring fans?

Terry: Thank you so much for my career! You mean the world to me. I wouldnít have made it past a few issues of SiP if it wasnít for the encouragement and support of readers. Thank you so very much!!!!!

Richard Vasseur
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000