MOE: Hitman
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Silhouet98
Jazma President

USA
2171 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  12:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Silhouet98's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
I went to the movie store and rented out Hitman, that is based on the best-selling video game Hitman, but I said to myself, this is not enough. I better make a run to my local comic book store and see what other entertainment I could find. What is funny, is no franchise is completely dead, as long as there are comic books that exist. I will give you some examples after I talk about some of the great comics that you can now find on your comic book store shelves. Hmmm...let me look, where is my shopping cart? Ahh..there it is. We have Atomic Robo #6 by Red 5 Comics, Cemetery Blues #2 by Image, Diary of Night - find out more at www.bloodfire.com, Gutsville #3 by Image, Locke and Key #2 by IDW. Well, let me stop here. IDW keeps many franchises alive from Scarface to 30 Days of Night to Transformers to Doctor Who and Star Trek. But, I believe Locke and Key will soon become a franchise, I see this becoming a movie sometime in the future. You have the great team of best selling New York author Joe Hill, that is working alongside an incredible artist like Gabriel Rodriguez, as they take us to a haunting setting like New England with a mansion with many mysterious doors that are able to transform people in very unusual ways. Somewhere in this mansion is lurking a horrible threat to all who visit this mansion! Okay, this is going into my cart. Let's move on. What else is on the shelves...yes, there is: Nightmares & Fairy Tales #22 by SLG, Camelot #1 by Bluewater Comics (hmm...the legend of Camelot will never die), Pogrom #1 of 7 by Hypergraphia, Scorn by Septagon Studios, Tiger and Crane #1 by Bluewater Comics, Highlander - Way of the Sword #3 by Dynamite. There we go again, another franchise that will never die out as long as comics exist. Just when you thought the Highlander story was finished, it continues on. Yes, there can only be one, but it's going to take a long time to get to that one! Kong - King of Skull Island #3 by Markosia. King Kong may have fallen off the Empire State Building, but you can still read his stories and he is doing well on Skull Island. This is one incredible comic book and if you are fan of King Kong, this is a story that you will definitely enjoy reading! Okay, okay....let me get back to my shopping, there are even more comics I need to check out. There is: The Megas #1 - Virgin Comics, The Many Adventures of Miranda Mercury - Archaia Studios Press, Afterburn #1 of 4 by Red 5 Comics, Jenna Jameson's Shadow Hunter #1 - Virgin Comics - this is one hot lady, check out the cover! Misericordia - Arcaia Studio Press - this is a strange comic book, pastel colors and one weird character. Oh boy, another franchise, we have The Lone Ranger & Tonto #1 - Dynamite. I love this series, but I still wish they would dig up the script, in which some other publishing house, I think it was Topps Comics that was going to crossover The Lone Ranger with Zorro. That would have been the coolest crossover event......sigh. Salem - Queen of Thorns - Boom! - The Salem Witch Hunts is a historical franchise. A legend that will never die. If you love Halloween everyday, then check out Spooks by Devil's Due. Okay, my shopping cart is getting full and we are in recession. I need to slow down. But, what's this, there is more? Okay, there is: New World Order #1 by Shadowline, Fantastic Comics #24 by Image. If you love the Golden Age, then you need to check out Fantastic Comics! Battlestar Galactica by Dynamite. I am not going to say...'franchise'...nope, not going to say it. Angel by IDW - Buffy the Vampire Slayer by Dark Horse Comics...okay, I'm saying it...franchise, franchise, franchise!!

The Blackbeard Legacy - Bluewater Comics (another legend that won't go away), Comic Book Comics - Fred Van Lente, Cory Doctorow's Futuristic Comics - I, Robot by IDW, Doktor Sleepless by Avatar, Eve Vampire Diva by Arcana, Full Moon Craze by Masterpiece Comics - if you love the lycanthropy disease, you might want to check out Full Moon Craze! Fall of Cthulhu - Boom! H.P. Lovecraft inspires the Fall of Cthulhu! Definitely another one going into my cart!

Oh my gosh, if I don't slow down, I will have to file for Chapter 13, this is getting ridiculous, there is too much entertainment in the comic book industry and it's all addicting! Thank god, I have VISA!

Paul Dale Roberts
www.jazmaonline.com
5606 Moonlight Way
Elk Grove, Ca 95758
JazmaPika@cs.com

Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000