Survivorman: The Horn of Providence Review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen
Jazma Member

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  12:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
"Survivorman: The Horn of Providence" REVIEW
Issue: # 1
Writers: Dusty McGowan and Les Stroud
Artist: Brian Lucey
Colorist: Tom Mullin
Letterer: Warren Montgomery
Publisher: Bluewater Comics

This 24 page Bluewater Comic is adventure story. The main character is Mr.Les Stroud. He is nature survivorist. One of the opening scenes shows Mr. Stroud killing snake that was about to attack him. The next scene shows him roasting snake. Other characters in story are Mr. Stroud's son Logan. There is a monkey in story that can talk. Monkey's name is Cromag.
Mr. Stroud also is adventurist. He was asked by Roger ExLey "Head of Historical Society" to find Horn of Providence. The horn was stolen. It contained "Mayflower Compact". The story was mixed with finding person that stole Horn. Clues were given at site Horn was taken from.
It was entertaining story. It had cliff hanging end. The story will be continued in future Survivorman issue.
I liked reading Survivorman: The Horn of Providence issue. I thought Brian Lucey did great job with art. This was his first job as professional comic book artist. I am curious about Cromag. I am also curious about learning more about Mr. Les Stroud.
The comic is based on real life person Les Stroud who has a television show on The Discovery Channel.
More information about comic book can be found here:

http://www.bluewaterprod.com/news/Survivorman1.php

Survivorman # 0
"The Horn of Providence"
31 pages
Cost: Free
Featuring Les Stroud from The Discovery Channel
Writer - Les Stroud and Dusty McGowan
Artist - Matthew Lesniewski
Colorist - Tom Mullin
Letterer: David Hopkins

Story is seven page preview of The Horn of Providence.
I loved how there were plenty of pages of art sketches. There were also some full color art pages. There were also some full color photos of Les Stroud. My favorite art page was on page 30. It showed many different characters like Cromag and Thaddeous. I would love to have that page in my personal art collection.
The cover was drawn by Laura Bombier.

Jazma Field Marshal
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000