Monroe.Dean.Taylor.Capra "Tribute Comic" GN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen
Jazma Member

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2013 :  2:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Tribute comic book graphic Novel: Monroe, Dean, Taylor, Capra
Publisher: Bluewater Comics
www.bluewaterprod.com
or best direct link.
http://www.comicfleamarket.com/servlet/the-500/Tribute-cln--Classic-Hollywood--dsh-/Detail

Publication date: October 23rd, 2013
Pages: 96 pages
Cost: 19.99

"Tribute" comics tell the stories of the classic entertainers that have passed on. Honoring these icons that have passed on. Honoring those icons that have made a difference in films as well as the world in this unique format.
This tribute book is drawn by separate writers and artists. There are four stories in graphic novel.
The first is about Marilyn Monroe. Writer Dina Gachman and artist Nathan Girten showed various aspects of Marilyn's life. I even found out how she took name Marilyn Monroe. I learned about some of her early jobs before getting jobs in movies. I learned about her failed marriages. I learned about her sad passing at young age.

The second "Tribute" comic was about movie director Frank Capra.
The writer was Matthew J. Elliot with art by : David T. Cabrena.
Frank Capra was director of movies like "It's A Wonderful Life", The Bitter Tea of General Yen", It Happened One Night", and "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

Frank also made informational films about why U.S.A. was fighting in World War II. He was enlisted in armed service at time films were made for public.

Frank Capra was born on May 18th, 1897 and passed away on September 3rd, 1991. He was 94.

The story closed with quote from Frank Capra.
"No Man is a failure who has friends. Mankind needed dramatizations of the truth that man is essentially good. A living Atom of divinity; that compassion for others, friend or foe, is the noblest of all virtues."

The third story was about Elizabeth Taylor.
Writer: Dina Gachman
Pencils: Nicholas Justus

Story was told through her dog Daisy.
I read about many aspects of life. Movies, failed relationships, even her time as friend to Michael Jackson. It was well drawn and thought out story. I was sad to read about all of her hardships during career. I was glad though to read about her stand for controversial issues like AIDS.

The final story was tribute to James Dean.
Writer: Jim Beard
Art: Eric Johns

The actor James Dean was born on Feb. 30th, 1931. He died in car crash on September 30th, 1955.
He is best known for movie roles in "East of Eden" and "Rebel Without a Cause". He died at very young age. This story fills in some of history gaps. It helps tell things like how James Dean got his start in film industry. What was his youth like at home. What sort of Mentors he had that helped influence him to become an actor.

I appreciated effort to create these "Tribute" stories. I put link in heading to Bluewater comics. This will show how to buy graphic novel.

Jazma Field Marshal
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000