Christopher Reeve: Tribute # 1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen
Jazma Member

USA
304 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2013 :  1:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Christopher Reeve: Tribute # 1
Writer: Michael L. Frizell
Penciler, colorist, and letterer and artist for cover A: M. Anthony Gerardo
Cover B: Chris Mason
24 page story
Cost: 3.99
http://www.comicfleamarket.com/servlet/the-528/Tribute-cln--Christopher-Reeve-%28PRE-dsh-ORDER/Detail

There is also an exclusive 5.99 version.
http://www.comicfleamarket.com/servlet/the-529/Tribute-cln--Christopher-Reeve-EXCLUSIVE/Detail
Publication date: October 13th, 2013
Publisher: Bluewater Productions

This Tribute is told through the eyes of Christopher Reeve. It shows how Christopher Reeve went from being youngest man ever to be cast as Superman to living with high cervical injury.
The story also encapsulated his time in movie "Somewhere in Time" with Jayne Seymore playing character named Elise McKinna. Christopher Reeve played a character named Richard Collier. He was able to travel back in time to see Elise. Superman was also able to travel back in time other "Superman" movie. These were some of the foundations that Michael L. Frizell used to tell Tribute story.
Christopher Reeve was ridding horse named Eastern Express on May 27th, 1995. Near Charlottsville, VA. The horse was supposed to jump over hurdle. The story explains the events leading up to Christopher Reeve being thrown off horse. The artist did great job showing difficult scenes of accident. The doctor said a high cervical spine is generally irreversible.
I still recall from my youth when Christopher Reeve broke his neck. It seemed impossible.
I was though proud of his desire to not put any limitations on himself. He wanted to walk again. Don't give up, Don't lose hope.
Christopher became a person that looked forward. There was also sentences which I Liked: "A hero is someone who in spite of weaknesses doubt or not knowing goes ahead and over comes anyway and I never dreamed I was disabled. Never." Christopher looked forward with vision. He thought about things like: What makes Superman a hero is not that he has powers but that he has the maturity to use his powers wisely. And the "S" on his chest? It's a symbol for good."
There was also mention of "Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation."
He regained some motion in body near end of mortal life.
Christopher Reeve passed away on October, 10th, 2004.
I felt honored to read such a heartfelt story about Christopher Reeve.
He was not bound to wheelchair. His mind was very strong with idea to better him self. He was to me a superhero in real life.

Jazma Field Marshal
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000