Tribute: Lewis Carroll # 1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen
Jazma Member

USA
309 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2013 :  3:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Tribute: Lewis Carroll # 1 "Author of Alice in Wonderland"
Writer: Michael Frizell
Penciler and colorist, and cover artist : Mark Stroud
Letterer: David Hopkins
Publisher: Bluewater Productions
Cost: 3.99
Publication date: 1/22/2014
How to find:
http://www.comicfleamarket.com/servlet/the-570/Tribute-cln--Lewis-Carroll%2C-Author/Detail

I really enjoyed reading this 24 page comic book story. I got to learn about person Reverend Charles Litwedge. He was a former student at Dean of Christ Church, Oxford. He also was eventually an instructor of mathematics there. He was also story teller. One of his listeners to stories was Alice Pleasance Liddell the daughter of The Dean of Christ, Oxford.
Alice enjoyed Charles stories very much. In 1864 Charles wrote down the stories for Alice in book called "Alice Under the Ground". He created name for himself "Lewis Carroll."
I loved how story was told in comic book form. I saw big caterpillar. It was talking to Alice in Wonderland. The question posed to Alice was "Who are you?"
I also saw Alice in conversation with Cheshire Cat.
In 1865 - Lewis Carroll expanded Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, 6 years later he would publish "Through the Looking Glass" and what Alice found there.
He died of Pneumonia January, 14th, 1898. He would always say "Speak the truth, think before you speak and write it down afterwards".
The real life Alice was married in 1980 to Reginald Hargreaves. They had three sons. This all was part of the question to Alice in Wonderland about "Who are you"?
I also saw The Mad Hatter, The White Rabbit and even reflection of Disney Studios Alice in Wonderland character. Reflection was shown when Alice looked into her tea at Mad Hatter tea party.
The date of tea party was on November 16th, 1934 - The day Alice Hargreaves died.
The question still arose "Who are you, Alice"?
She is a person that many people pay tribute to through Lewis Carroll's story telling. It is a wonderful tribute.

Jazma Field Marshal
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000