King Cactor (1 of 1) author James Rubino review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen
Jazma Member

USA
304 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  1:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

KING CACTOR
1 of 1
Published by: James Rubino PO Box 760351 San Antonio, Texas 78245
Copyright: 2014
Cost: 3 dollars
official website
www.jamesrubino.com
Created and written by: James Rubino
Illustrated by: Thomas Ahern
Reviewed by: Allen Klingelhoets

Cactor is a gigantic cactus. His first published appearance was in The Tales of the Seventh Galaxy # 1.I am not sure exact year The Tales of the Seventh Galaxy # 1 was published. I did see idea for Cactor actually went back to originally being created and appeared in "homemade" comic Hour of Evil # 1. This story appeared in 1970. Present story in 2014 really caught my interest. Comic book character Cactor is gigantic. He was last seen decimating "Las Vegas". Cactor had disappeared for many months in desert in hibernation. Cactor was not bothered by missiles from armed services. Missiles did not even effect Cactor.
Professor Tarterez was evil genius in story. He tried to control Cactor with flight machine called Aqua Leech. It would attach to Cactor's epidermis and suck out water out of giant living cactus. Without water Cactor would soon wither and die in desert heat. I don't want to give away rest of story. I found black and white story fun to read. I suppose easier to think about if live in desert areas like Nevada, Texas, New Mexico or Arizona. It would seem hard to imagine Cactor in Winter climates. I did enjoy story. I also hope James Rubino creates more King Cactor comic book stories.

Jazma Field Marshal
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000