5 - Minute Marvel Stories book review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen
Jazma Member

USA
309 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2016 :  12:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Book title: 5 - Minute Marvel Stories
ISBN 978-142316722-8
Ages 3 and Up
$12.99US/$13.99 CAN
Content/ Marvel Super Heroes
www.marvelkids.com
Review by: Allen Klingelhoets

Back cover overview

The Amazing Spider-Man! The Invincible Iron Man! The Courageous Captain America! The Mighty Avengers! The Uncanny X-Men! These are the world's greatest Super Heroes, But can they save the world in just five minutes? In these sensational stories, perfect for reading aloud, the heroes face and solve a challenge in five minutes or less. Have fun entering the action packed world of 5-Minute Marvel Stories!

I really enjoyed this book of short stories. I was able to read about many of Marvel Super Heroes. This was not just older stories. Book had fresh material based on many events in Marvel history. I think though some stories were redone little to make more present time stories.
Various writers and artist worked on project. There were 12 stories as total. There were older stories like Spider-Man vs. Kraven the Hunter. X-Men's First Mission. A Magneto story in first meeting with X-Men. Old 1960's X-Men group. The Mighty Thor: A Brother's Battle. Story had Loki as villain. The Mighty Avengers: Captain America Returns. This story was based on first series Avengers # 4. Another Spider-Man story called: Spider-Man vs. Sandman. I really enjoyed Five Minute story of Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six. Iron Man even had two stories in book. The Invincible Iron Man: Iron Man's New Armor and other one called Surprise Attack. Armor story showed some of designs of Tony Stark's armor going back to Tales of Suspense # 39. Surprise Attack had battle outside at Stark Industries with Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man.
Ultron was even Super Villain in story titled: Hawkeye and the Mighty Avengers. There was also a Five Minute Story about The Incredible Hulk called :Desert Brawl. The Incredible Hulk fought The Abomination.
The stories were about fifteen pages long. Scripts only took about 5 - Minutes to read. There were 12 stories as total. I felt Spider-Man stories even second to last one in book called Peter Parker's Pictures felt characters were as I would image them to speak. J. Jonah Jameson really acted like publisher known for getting Peter to take impossible pictures. This time pictures had to be taken of The Lizard. This would not be easy task for picture taker Peter Parker. He had to use all skills as Spider-Man to take pictures for The Daily Bugle publisher.
I also enjoyed last story called: Captain America and The Lethal Lair of The Red Skull.
I liked how art of characters appeared in each story. This was not comic book panel art. It was art depicted to go along with stories. Some of art was as much as one full page. I think stories were no more than 1000 words each. Various art styles were used for each story. Craig Rouseau was one of many artists to work on stories
I read book in about a hour. I did notice that stories were based on Marvel comic series. Stories though felt very fresh. I noticed book at Wal-Mart. I picked up though from library. Trade Mark in library copy says 2012.

Jazma Field Marshal
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000