Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen
Jazma Member

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2016 :  12:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
BRUCE LEE: THE DRAGON RISES Issue 1 and 2.
April and May 2016 publication

Written by: Adam Beechen
Pencils by Brandon McKinney
Frank Cho is cover artist
Review by Allen Klingelhoets

I really have enjoyed first two issues of on going series from Darby Pop Publishing. Bruce Lee in this story was not killed 40 years ago. He was in some sort of suspended animation chamber. He has been awoken in present time. He some how has visions of future. He has many of memory problems due to not being with present time technology. I enjoyed having some sort of new Bruce Lee comic book story. He died way to young in real life. It was great seeing him again even if in only very imaginative story. I look forward to seeing more issues of Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises.

© 2016 Bruce Lee Entertainment, LLC. All Rights
Reserved. Magnetic Press Editorial offices: 4910
N. Winthrop Ave #3, Chicago, IL 60640. Magnetic
Press and the Magnetic Press logo are TM and
© 2016 by Magnetic Press Inc. Darby Pop, the
Darby Pop logo are TM and © 2016 by Darby Pop
Publishing, Inc. BRUCE LEE® is a registered trade
-
mark of Bruce Lee Enterprises, LLC. The Bruce
Lee name, image, likeness and all related indicia
are intellectual property of Bruce Lee Enterprises,
LLC. All Rights Reserved. www.brucelee.com. Any
similarities to persons living or dead are purely
coincidental. With the exception of artwork used
for review purposes, none of the contents of this
publication may be reprinted without permission
from Magnetic Press and Darby Pop Publishing.

Issue # 3 story update issue # 3 appeared in stores May 4th

Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises chronicles the return of the beloved actor, philosopher, teacher and -- of course -- martial artist in a present-day, all-ages comedy/action/adventure comic book co-written by Bruce's own daughter, Shannon Lee, and Jeff Kline (founder of Darby Pop Publishing, writer of Indestructible comic book series, and Award-winning Hollywood writer-producer). The specially-priced, double-sized first issue released on April 6, 2016, from Darby Pop Publishing and Bruce Lee Enterprises.

Series Synopsis: Bruce Lee never died. And he hasn't aged. But, he has no idea who he is, what's happened in the world in the past 40+ years, or why so many "thugs" want a piece of him. With the help of a fly BFF from the '70s -- Joe Toomey, P.I. -- and a pair of precocious Teens, Bruce will piece together a mystery more insidious than ever imagined, and find himself forced to do battle with both an enigmatic Villain and his very own conscience. The Dragon rises...and "walks on" once more.

I simply really enjoy Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises series. Issue # 3 has pencils done by Brandon McKinney and is written by : Adam Beechen. The series is created by Shannon Lee and Jeff Kline. The managing editor is Renae Geerlings. Shannon is Bruce Lee's daughter.
I figured that Joe Toomey was not actual person from Bruce Lee's life. Joe is wrote as Best friend to Bruce in 1970's. He is Private Investigator is Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises series. This was confirmed in letter page at end of issue # 3. He is compilation of several people in Bruce Lee's life. I liked even mention of Kado in story. Kado was character Bruce Lee played in old Green Hornet series. I enjoy this new version with Bruce Lee. I like seeing how he adapts to present day technologies. I love the two teens in story. They sure have way of getting in trouble. Joe Toomey has his hands full keeping teens out of law situations.
I also am really happy to notice actual letter page in issue # 3.
I can hardly wait to read issue # 4.

Allen Klingelhoets

Jazma Field Marshal
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000