Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Jazma
 Press Releases & News
 Draw Blood: A Horror Anthology (Kickstarter)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richv1
Jazma V.P.

Canada
6658 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2016 :  06:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richv1's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1582272995/draw-blood-a-horror-anthology-1?ref=user_menu

Draw Blood: A Horror Anthology #1 is a 28 page full color comic printed on quality comic book paper.

The End of the World, Zombies, werewolves and mistaken identity's fill the pages of this Horror Anthology. 6 stories by independent creative teams from all over the world bring you tales of horror and suspense in this Zombie laced FIRST ISSUE!

Why a new Horror anthology? I guess I could say, "Why not!" but the truth is there is plenty of room for Modern Horror. Not just Modern Horror, but reimagined Old School Horror too. It just needs to be done right.

When I started looking into doing some Horror books for the IV Mature Only line, I discovered most of them relied on death and violence to promote the story. Violence is fine, but it has its place. Characters are always Number One. If those are strong, then everything else will fall into place. You just have to have the right mix.

So it was a short time later that I ran into Hannu Kesola (Heavy Metal) and he had a project that he wanted me to look at.

When I first looked over the work, I could see it was Top Notch. I was surprised that it was not already published and after talking to Hannu, I discovered that The Last Laugh had indeed been published by Heavy Metal Magazine a short while ago. I realized this was just the kind of comic I was looking for.

Soon Hannu and I were making plans for the Kickstarter you see today. We added a few things to the book since there are no ads. We expanded it to include four new pages of story by artist Daniel Valadez (Marvel) and added a nice Variant cover by Rafael Lanhellas (Dynamite) and Ivan Nunes (DC Comcs). The Kickstarter Incentives also feature some nice work by talented artist Antti Kosonen.

So now, the book needs a proper home and that is where you guys come in! I hope everybody can see what I see in this comic series. I think these "Tales of Terror" are fun and creepy. I hope you all agree! We would like to turn Draw Blood into a 3 or 4 issue series if possible, but that is up to you, the Backers!

Please become a Backer and pledge to help make Draw Blood #1 a reality!

About artist Daniel Valadez (Marvel Comics/Secret Wars)

The Showcase artist for this issue is Mexico based penciller Daniel Valadez (Marvel Comics). The 4 page story "Even a Man is Pure" written by Hannu Kesola will be finished after the completion of the Draw Blood #1 Kickstarter. This is so Daniel can include the two Backers for the "Be in the Comic Incentive".

Here is some current work for Marvel Comics, Future Imperfect by Daniel Valadez.

Richard Vasseur
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000