Scooby-Doo reviews starting with 73
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allen
Jazma Member

USA
307 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  12:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
I have been very busy reading comic books. I also fit in several books during September, 2016.
I read almost 20 issues of "Scooby-Doo Where Are You?" comics.
DC Comics
Cost per issue: $2.99.
Age group: All ages
monthly comic book publication.
Various artists and authors.
Review by : Allen Klingelhoets
It is fun to see how Mystery Inc. would solve various spooky crimes. I got issues at my local library.The most recent issue is # 73. It would take me very long time to catch up on older issues. I did though enjoy them very much. The first story was called "Dreadlines!" It was wrote by Derek Fridolfs with art by Randy Elliot. The cover was done by Fridolfs and Brys. Silvana Brys did colors.

The story was based at "Coolsville Comic Cauldron". Main idea: Themed around comic book graphic novelist Jacqueline Shirlby. She is doing signing for new story at the Coolville store. The Mystery Gang is present for her appearance at store. Coolsville is home location for Mystery Inc. There is commotion while Jacqueline is signing "Luna Tick" graphic novels for her happy people awaiting personal signatures. A character impersonating one of Jacqueline Shirlby graphic novel villains burst into store. Luna Tick was characters name. Many comic books in store were damaged by Luna Tick. He than vanished while customers escaped turmoil.
I enjoyed how Mystery Inc. worked on solving Mystery. I was not sure who would turn out to be Luna Tick. I noticed all clothes of Mystery Inc. had traditional clothes from 1960's cartoons. Story though was updated with modern things like cell phones. I also like how when mystery was solved Jacqueline drew group into next issue of Luna Tick.
There were also some other short stories included in issue # 73.
3 page story called" What Are You Araid of?" It dealt with phobias like arachnophobia(the fear of spiders). Velma was telling Scooby and Shaggy about phobias in this story wrote by Scott Cunningham.
One page story "Unmasking Made Easy" was also wrote by Scott Cunningham and penciled by Scott Jeralds. Fred showed examples how to unmask Monsters from past mysteries. I think all villains shown were also from 1960's S.D. cartoon.
The villains agreed to help with the demonstration in exchange for 24- Hour "Free Pass" from Coolsville Penitentiary. Fred gave excellent example with Werewolf,Robot and Clown. He did not have much luck though with ghost. There was no one under sheet.
The last story was 6 page story called "UFO - NO!" It was story wrote by Scott Peterson assisted by artist Scott Neely.
Quick notes.
UFO (unidentified flying object) hovers over music concert outdoor stadium. Mystery Inc. is driving through area. They are lost and happen upon appearance of UFO at night time concert of Pritty Swords. Pritty is lady pop star. Her tiara (very expensive) was stolen from her dressing room. Aliens are blamed with use of tractor beam. It was interesting to see how gang solved mystery. The tiera was actually switched by someone in band named ....
As for the UFO. It turned out to be real. The aliens though had nothing to do with tiara theft.

I am having some problems reviewing Scooby - Doo issues. I noticed opening stories are new in issues 74 and 75 are new. Rest of comic book stories are reprint material.

Okay
I am now reading graphic novels volume 1 and 2. Scooby - Doo! Team - Up
The monthly stories have been compiled into graphic novel format. There are six monthly issues put into each volume. I have been very impressed with stories which are wrote by Sholly Fisch (All new the Brave and the Bold) and artist Dario Brizuela (Green Lantern: The animated series).
I really enjoyed mysteries. Mystery Incorporated gang solved all sorts of cases. I loved how gang teamed up with everyone from Batman and Robin, Wonder Woman, Super Girl,Justice League of America, The Jetson's, The Flintstone's and many other Warner Brothers characters.
I really liked Sholly Fisch wrote mysteries. I even saw Bat Girl, Poison Ivy appeared in one mystery. These are very imaginative stories for all ages. I also was impressed by art for each issue. This is new material and not reprinted stories.
Graphic novels cost 12.99 each.
dccomics.com

Jazma Field Marshal
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000