Shadowflame 20th Anniversary Ultimate Hardcover
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richv1
Jazma V.P.

Canada
6469 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2016 :  06:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richv1's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jgmcomics/shadowflame-20th-anniversary-ultimate-hardcover-co

20 years of Shadowflame! Hardcover collects 4 issues of the mini, Bombed one-shot and obscure material. John Byrne Wraparound Cover!

Has it REALLY been 20 years?

Yes, Shadowflame #1 was published by me (JGM Comics) and was in comic shops in January 1996! (Technically, it's 21 years but, you know, who's really counting?!)

Shadowflame has a special place in my heart. I created him back when I was 14 years old. When I created him he was more of a traditional hero with the Superman trunks and boots. When I decided to do this as a mini series in the 90's I redesigned him and tried to make him a little more unique.

Recently unearthed drawing of Shadowflame from the mid 1980s!
Recently unearthed drawing of Shadowflame from the mid 1980s!
Iím not sure if I succeeded, but since then I put out a Black-and-White four-issue miniseries through my own imprint JGM Comics and CFD (Chanting Monks Productions, formerly Cry For Dawn) and THEN a relaunched miniseries in color that was published by Arcana Comics in 2007. In 2011 Arcana released a trade paperback and that is totally sold out.

So, now the fun!

The Synopsis for that first issue is as follows:

When Officer Tom Wyatt's wife, Janice, was murdered he attempted to end his own life. Instead he found himself transported to a ship orbiting the Earth. He could not kill himself for he was the last of a family line that possessed the perfect genetic Imprint to receive the 'gift of power' and become a third holy man of Isht(Shadow). In a painful ceremony, he was endowed with powers that transformed him into a superman. This gave him not only great powers, but a reason to live.

The Hardcover includes all of these awesome Shadowflame stories and more!
Lots of people have helped me along the way. From the 1996 comic until today. Peter Palmiotti, John Orlando, Naser Subashi, Dash Martin, Rick Buckler Jr, Rob X. Roman, Chris Malgrain, Jeff Austin, Ian Sokoliwski, Johnny Lowe, Adam Pruett, Roland Bird, Jeff Huet, Bryan Magnaye and a slew of others that I probably missed.

I also had work done by industry legends that I admired like Bob Layton, Rudy Nebres, Fred Hembeck, Bob Hall, Mike Grell, Rich Buckler, Paul Ryan, Andie Tong and John Byrne!

For this version there will be some new pages added. Some pages are being redrawn. Some are being reinked. Some are being edited and relettered. I get to play George Lucas one last time.

Also included is the Shadowflame\Wraith crossover that continues the Atomico subplot at the end of issue 2 of Shadowflame.

Richard Vasseur
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000