Wild Times: An Oral History of WildStorm Studios
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richv1
Jazma V.P.

Canada
6394 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  06:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richv1's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share
About this project

Thank you for taking a look at the Kickstarter for Wild Times: An Oral History of WildStorm Studios. I am incredibly excited to be so near the finish line of this book. This has truly been a labor of love as I have committed practically all my free time since May 2014 towards this project- scheduling and conducting interviews, reviewing the accuracy of the transcripts and then editing together the manuscript, as well as self-financing it all from the interview transcribing costs, research materials and traveling to conventions to lock in interviews.

As mentioned in the video, the best part about this project is, the manuscript is complete! If the Kickstarter is successful, once the final proofreads and layout/design touches are done, I only have to send the files off to the printer and work with them to get everything finalized and then fulfill the orders upon receipt of the finished product. Trust me, I want to see it completed just as much as you!

What you will be getting is a 450 page book (digital and/or softcover) of the 18 year history of WildStorm Studios. Over 75 people were interviewed and the book equally discusses their starts and careers with the studio, the creative process of working on such genre redefining books like WildC.A.T.S., Gen 13 and The Authority, becoming the home for great creator owned and licensed comics, folding into DC/Warner Brothers as well as the characters and comic storylines themselves.

What better way to celebrate the return of the WildStorm Universe under the new DC imprint in February and the studio's 25th Anniversary?!!?

The fundraising amount is made up of printing costs, shipping and packaging costs, Kickstarter fees and publishing costs. If the Kickstarter doesn't reach its goal, I'll be forced to take scissors to the manuscript and trim it to cut down on printing costs and I really don't want to do that as I feel the current revision is the best I can make it. So please consider backing this project and do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. I'd love to chat with you!

And Most Important- Please, Please, Please share the Kickstarter details via social media. Kickstarter projects live and die by word of mouth so I can't stress enough how much of a huge help that is. Thank you!

*A Word on Shipping*
Domestic Shipping is $5 and International Shipping is $20. The latter number is higher than I was hoping but due to the shear size of the book and its weight, the postage is inflated. Thank you for your understanding.

*This book is an independent study and is not affiliated with DC Entertainment or Time Warner.
*WildStorm, its properties and characters are TM and (c) DC Entertainment.
*Wild Times: An Oral History of WildStorm Studios is a text only book. No licensed images are included.

*Video Credits*
Production/Editing- Michael Hedges
Music- The Allstonians
Wild Times book cover design- George Sellas

Risks and challenges

-As mentioned above, the manuscript is complete with the final proofreads being completed. The last step is the layout to get the file ready for the printer. Unless there are unforeseen circumstances, these steps should be completed quickly and then the printer takes over from there.

Richard Vasseur
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000