Posted - 02/10/2017 : 2:33:42 PM
| I missed this in my email.
For Immediate Release:
BREAKING NEWS: Bruce Lee Lives in Darby Pop Publishing’s all-new Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises Vol. 1 trade paperback release
– The ultimate stocking stuffer –
Los Angeles, CA (December 2, 2016) – Get in the holiday spirit this season with the ultimate stocking stuffer: Darby Pop Publishing's Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises trade paperback. With more than 80,000 Free Comic Book Day "preview editions" distributed, and 20,000 copies of Issue #1 sold, Bruce Lee is proving to be highly relevant 40+ years after his (supposed) death.
“We truly believe that Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises both honors the memory and continues the work of this multi-faceted man -- actor, philosopher, teacher and, of course, supreme martial artist,” said Jeff Kline, founder of Darby Pop Publishing. Kline is also the book’s co-creator, having teamed with Bruce’s own daughter, Shannon Lee.
Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises chronicles the return of the real-life superhero in a present-day, all-ages comedy/action/adventure story. The Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises trade paperback collects the entire inaugural arc of the first-ever officially licensed Bruce Lee comic adventure, and adds exclusive bonus materials including rare photos and Shannon Lee’s personal recollections. This first compilation will be available at comic book retailers starting on December 14, 2016 – and is available to order (OCT161693) RIGHT NOW.
Series Synopsis: It’s 2012, and Bruce Lee never died. And he hasn't aged. But he has no idea who he is, what's happened in the world in the past 40 years, or why so many "thugs" want a piece of him. With the help of a fly BFF from the '70s, Joe Toomey, P.I., and pair of precocious teens, Bruce will find himself forced to do battle with both an enigmatic villain and his very own conscience. The Dragon rises... and "walks on" once more!
Here’s just some of what Shannon Lee had to say about Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises:
• "I’m so excited to have our first official Bruce Lee comic book coming out for ALL AGES. It’s long been a dream of mine to introduce my father and his amazing legacy of action and philosophy to a whole new generation, and a comic book is a super fun way to do that."
• "My father and the way he lived his life have been a daily inspiration for me, and I’ve dedicated a big part of my life to finding ways to keep his message alive in the world. I hope you enjoy our book and develop your own passion for Bruce Lee and his phenomenal legacy of courageous action!"
Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises has consistently received only the highest praise from top "comic book" websites:
• “It gets a 9 out of 10! Bruce Lee is back and with it are his moves, a nice sense of humor, and a story that’ll make you wonder if it might be based on real life. You’ll want it to be, because you’ll be reminded just how badass Bruce Lee was as a fighter and a person." – Adventures in Poor Taste
• "Do you like action? Do you like intrigue? How about Kung Fu? Yeah? Then let me tell you, this is the book for you!" – What'cha Reading
• "The Dragon Rises succeeds on every level. The art is top notch; the story combines humor, action, science fiction, nostalgia, and martial arts. It's a new comic, with an old soul!" – Daddy Mojo
• "This comic captures the spirit of this great man." – Graphic Policy
• "Any Bruce Lee fan will enjoy seeing the master himself come back to life and kick butt again!" – Comic Wow
For a product listing of the Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises Vol. 1 trade paperback, please visit http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT161693.
About Darby Pop Publishing
Founder Jeff Kline started Darby Pop Publishing with the goal of using the visual medium of sequential art — aka comic books — to tell all-new stories. As a life-long lover of the form, Jeff convinced a small circle of his movie/tv friends to join him as he “broke into” comics after writing/producing more than 1000 episodes of television over the past two decades. Three years and nearly 50 books later, Darby Pop Publishing continues to be a creator-owned labor of love.
About Bruce Lee Entertainment
BRUCE LEE ENTERTAINMENT, LLC a production company with exclusive access to international icon Bruce Lee’s name, likeness, story, copyrighted and unfinished works and trademarks, aims to work with select, like-minded partners to create and produce content in all media that honors, embodies and upholds Bruce Lee and the Bruce Lee legacy not only as a source of entertainment but a continued source of motivation and inspiration for people the world over. Owned and operated by Shannon Lee, Bruce Lee Entertainment is a subsidiary of Bruce Lee Enterprises, the exclusive owner of all rights and marks relating to the use of Bruce Lee’s name, image and attributes worldwide.
Jazma Field Marshal