Posted - 05/07/2017 : 10:33:03 AM
| 100 Things Spider-Man Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die
By Mark Ginocchio / Foreword by Tom DeFalco
Few characters in American fiction or history are more recognizable than the figure of Spider-Man. From his appearance in 1962’s Amazing Fantasy #15 to his return to the big screen in 2017’s blockbuster film “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” the web slinger has cemented his place in modern pop culture.
In 100 Things Spider-Man Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die (Triumph Books, June 2017), author Mark Ginocchio brings together more than five decades of Spider-Man trivia and lore in one convenient reference. Loaded with all of the essential knowledge, behind the scenes history and activities that any fan must know and do to truly understand the Spider-Man experience, this great new title brings value to diehard collectors and casual fans alike. Highlights include:
• A heartfelt foreword from iconic comic book writer Tom DeFalco
• Profiles of the people who brought Spider-Man to life, including Stan Lee and Steve Ditko
• Analysis of classic “must-read” issues like “The Night Gwen Stacy Died” and “Spider-Man No More” and how these issues changed the world of comics
• Information and breakdowns of Spidey’s nemeses, from famous figures like Doctor Octopus to a variety of lesser known foes
• How to take a Spider-Man tour of New York City, the very real setting for the hero’s fantastic adventures
100 Things Spider-Man Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die provides a thoughtfully ranked list of the key characters, events, history and personalities surrounding the iconic super hero. With stories to educate the young generation of fans and take diehards down memory lane, this great new reference title brings value to readers of all stripes.
About the Author:
Mark Ginocchio is a writer and editor whose work has appeared in newspapers, magazines, corporate publications and websites such as CBR, ComicBook.com, WhatCulture, and Sequart. He is the founder of the Chasing Amazing blog, which documents his quest to collect every issue of Amazing Spider-Man comics, and is a co-host of the Amazing Spider-Talk podcast. He lives in Brooklyn.
Paperback #9679; $14.95 #9679; 5.5 x 8.5 #9679; 336 pages #9679; ISBN: 9781629374024 #9679; PUB DATE: June, 2017