Magnus # 1-3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richv1
Jazma V.P.

Canada
6618 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2017 :  08:26:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richv1's Homepage  Reply with Quote Bookmark and Share

Title: Magnus # 1
Publisher: Dynamite
Words: Kyle Higgins, Chuck Wendig
Art: Jorge Fornes, Alvaro Sarrasecca
Colors: Chris O'Halloran, Triona Farrell
Letters: Taylor Esposito
Cover A: Giuseppe Camuncoli
Cover B: Jorge Fornes
Cover C: Aaron Conley
Cover D: Daniel Warren Johnson
Price: $ 3.99 US
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Comments: Robots abound and humans depend on them. What happens though if they want a life of their own and are willing to fight for it, maybe even kill.
Here robots with A.I. seem alive. There main problem is they get depressed. Well they do have their own world to escape to called Cloud World within the internet.
Dr. Magnus is a beautiful woman here. A psychologist that treats robots. She cares about machines as much as she does about humans. She wants to help and protect robots. She used to hunt them down in the past.
Now when a robot goes rogue the police come to Magnus for help to track it down and bring it in.
This is certainly a different take on this character than past ones.
"Turok Part 2" Well there is a guy with a bow and arrows is he Turok? If so he is totally different than past ones. He seems like a warrior the way he is dressed. Here this man talks to a couple dinosaur men. So he fights dinosaur men not real dinosaurs.
If your used to the past versions of Magnus and Turok you are in for something totally different.

Title: Magnus # 2
Words: Kyle Higgins, Chuck Wendig
Art: Jorge Fornes, Alvaro Sarrasecca
Colors: Chris O'Halloran, Triona Farrell
Cover A: Giuseppe Camuncoli & Jose Villarrubia
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars
Comments: Kerri Magnus is a psychologist for robots and also a robot hunter. She goes to Cloud World a world just for A.I.'s but a few humans can go there. Magnus sends her mind into the machine and goes to Cloud World looking for Frederick an A.I. suspected of killing two humans. The story moves along slowly. Plus somethings are just not explained well enough to fully understand what is going on.
The question is are A.I.'s a good or bad thing? Is making them able to think on their own a good idea?
Magnus here fights A.I.'s with tech not her hands. She battles tech with tech.
A.I.'s are referred to as operating systems. They are also given names though. People think of them as artificial intelligence. They are given rights under the law. They are treated like sentient beings. So are they alive?
"Turok Part 5" Turok leads an attack on dinosaur men. The story is not fully explained. Turok though is drawn as a savage wild man.

Title: Magnus # 3
Magnus:
Words: Kyle Higgins
Art: Jorge Fornes
Colors: Chris O'Halloran
Doctor Spektor:
Words: Aubrey Sitterson
Art: Dylan Burnett
Colors: Triona Farrell
Cover A: Giuseppe Camuncoli & Jose Villarrubia
Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
Comments: Magnus is not much of a robot fighter here. Kerri can travel between the human world and the A.I. one. She is after a criminal. The story is really hard to follow and nothing is explained. The art is just there, it has nothing at all special about it.
Kerri Magnus fights robots through their A.I. programs. She can go into their city due to where she was born. We needed to know more about this.
Magnus needs some excitement to it, there is little to none here.
"Doctor Spektor Part 4" Doctor Spektor here is pathetic. He is just out for money. The art is basic with a messy look. The only redeeming point of this story is the slight humor at Doc being put in his place by his boss.

Richard Vasseur
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jazma Online Forum © 2000-2009 Jazma Online Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000